Kaixin Pumps

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Would the extra flow-rate matter?
Surely the ideal flow-rate you want is the maximum your manifold/false bottom/whatever can handle without compacting and that will be independant of the pump's capacity.

Cheers

Campbell
Yes this is very true, the system is tied to how well your false bottom works, we have done many systems now and this is the point which we put most focus on.
Kev has mentioned more flow which is a luxury at a reasonable price but we have found the ramp speed and flow of the brown pump does the job well.
Nev

Kev, Wolfy & Co,

Might be looking for another (cheap) pump in the near future & will be watching this thread with great interest but ATM must say that the March 815 (Although expensive) does everything I want in the HERMS brewery at full bore unless I decide the rice gulls won't quite cut it that is (Rarely), so I wind back a little if needed. :)
I use a 12" falsie in a 50 litre MT.
Measure twice, cut once!

Good luck with it! :icon_cheers:

It will be interesting to see what the higher temperature rated ones will cost when they hit the market.
Nice/detailed review there QldKev, good to have it compared directly to a March.
I was told that the price increase will a matter of a few %, however since they are build to order I'm not sure there will be MP-20R in the higher temp models and I'm not sure about direct-availability of the other ones.

I have been watching this thread as I'm tight and after a cheap magnetic pump for my braumeister inspired build. I noticed the Kaixin aliexpress seller put up this -

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/MP..._672124722.html

I asked the seller a few questions in regards to operating temps and if they are food grade, he replied within an hour and he said its rated to 160C and is food grade. I took the plunge and ordered it, it cost all of $65 delivered. Ordered it on Tuesday night last week and it arrived on Monday morning.

Last night i had it recirculating water (not wort) in a Big W 19L pot while running up to a boil. The little brown pump I was using previously to recirculate only just broke the surface of the water, the kaixin pump was pushing water roughly 10-15mm above the surface of the water. there was about 15L in the pot.

Got the water up to a boil and the pump didn't slow at all, still pushing the same amount of water at 100 as it was at 25 degrees.

Sorry about the very brief review but i guess the main point is it still pumps with no issues at boiling temps.

Cheers

I have been watching this thread as I'm tight and after a cheap magnetic pump for my braumeister inspired build. I noticed the Kaixin aliexpress seller put up this -

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/MP..._672124722.html

I asked the seller a few questions in regards to operating temps and if they are food grade, he replied within an hour and he said its rated to 160C and is food grade. I took the plunge and ordered it, it cost all of $65 delivered. Ordered it on Tuesday night last week and it arrived on Monday morning.

Last night i had it recirculating water (not wort) in a Big W 19L pot while running up to a boil. The little brown pump I was using previously to recirculate only just broke the surface of the water, the kaixin pump was pushing water roughly 10-15mm above the surface of the water. there was about 15L in the pot.

Got the water up to a boil and the pump didn't slow at all, still pushing the same amount of water at 100 as it was at 25 degrees.

Sorry about the very brief review but i guess the main point is it still pumps with no issues at boiling temps.

Cheers

Awesome work Pete.

This is what i was looking for myself :)

Cheers
Rob

I reckon I'm going to run my brown pumps into the ground and then get one (or two) of these.
Will be interested to see how long they last.

I click the linky and get a message that 'this item is no longer available'...

New Linky this one is the high temp, note standard one is linked at the bottom of the page .... good luck!

That link is for min purchase of 50 items.

I'm after one of these too, so I emailed the guy and he said the aliexpress store would be back up in a weeks time.

That link is for min purchase of 50 items.

I'm after one of these too, so I emailed the guy and he said the aliexpress store would be back up in a weeks time.

Just talk to the contact Jack Gu. He is quick to respond and very helpful.

I just got 2 delivered on friday, only ordered them last sunday. $110 for the pair landed.

I'm in the market for a new pump for my RIMS after having some hit & miss experiences with replacement LBP's.....these look like a good option for me!

If there is another bulk buy on the cards in the near future, count me in!!

my impatience got the better of me,

the store is up and running again,

bought 2 of the high temperature version of MP-15RM for a grand total of $114 delivered....

bargain!!

my pumps just arrived!!

that's only 9 days since the order, and over the xmas period!!

great service.

only bummer is I have to wait til thursday to pick up my grain order to put them to use.... :huh:

hmm... might go recirculate some water..... :D

I'm putting in an order for one if anyone in the inner sydney area is keen to get onboard?

I have been trying to order for a few days, seems he is on holiday. If you find a link please post it up.

Back