Kaixin Pumps

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yeh same here.
He sent me an email a few days ago saying he will be on holidays until next week, when he will reopen his online store.

The site is back up and running, $65us ish for a single pump to Australia.
I was hoping to pay with PayPal, seems its not an option, for those that have bought one of these throu Aliexpress how did you pay?

I was hoping to pay with PayPal, seems its not an option, for those that have bought one of these throu Aliexpress how did you pay?

I've used them a couple of times, I got a Kaxin pump and some other junk. I just used my credit card, all seems ok.

QldKev

Check your BA messages.

The price looks like a bargain but I would very concerned about the food grade statement.
I've dealt with Chinese companies previously.and be warned, when it comes to money they have no conscience.
They have absolutely no concern for another humans well being. One company actually exported tens of tonnes
of sewerage contaminated milk powder to Japan labeled as baby food rather than sell it for stock food at a lower price.
On another occasion frozen dumplings being imported into Australia were found to have mash newsprint instead of a
meat content as labelled. I'm not picking on the race of people. Its just what business owners get away with in China.

Cheers
Tinny

That's an over generalizing xenophobic post if ever I've read one.

I actually agree that we do need to pay attention and care to whether these pumps are fit for pumping boiling wort. But we are the consumer here and we get to make our own choice.

I work very closely with a company in China and their pastoral care of their people is second to none.

There are businesses all over the world who put $$$ before people. Even here in Australia...

Next thing we will see is them trying to export little green pellets of plant material with Alpha and Beta Acid contents, and call them hops.

I'd better stop drinking out of my coffee cup, it says made in China.

QldKev

Tinnyhaha said:
The price looks like a bargain but I would very concerned about the food grade statement.
I've dealt with Chinese companies previously.and be warned, when it comes to money they have no conscience.
They have absolutely no concern for another humans well being. One company actually exported tens of tonnes
of sewerage contaminated milk powder to Japan labeled as baby food rather than sell it for stock food at a lower price.
On another occasion frozen dumplings being imported into Australia were found to have mash newsprint instead of a
meat content as labelled. I'm not picking on the race of people. Its just what business owners get away with in China.

Cheers
Tinny
Sources?
I cannot find a single story relating to any of these claims.
Melamine was found in milk products in 2008, most was consumed in Gansu Province in China and some was exported to Japan. Guess what? The company was 43% New Zealand owned.
I lived and worked in China for more than 3 years and dealt with many companies, large and small. I find your statement, "Its just what business owners get away with in China", to be ignorant.
There are unethical people in business world wide.

Looks like selective research to me. Your reply is absolute rubbish. The so called company is in fact 22
separate companies with 7 government officials involved.
The only inaccuracy in my statement was that the dumplings were imported into Japan not Australia. A simple typo.
A Google search reveals 100's of articles about contaminated food product both in china and
export to other countries.
My personal business experience with China although irrelevant has been poor to say the least.

The facts still remain these are not Australian certified and Chinese companies don't have a good reputation for compliance.
Chugger Pumps on the other hand, I'm informed are currently attempting to achieve local certification on their new 230 volt version.

I'm just saying the precedence is well embedded and caution is free.

Oh and BTW I sympathize with the Chinese working class who are often exposed to unacceptably hazardous working conditioning
for pathetic wages. While the factory owners become filthy rich at the workers expense.

Kind regards
Tinny

I'm only finding articles about japanese people being poisoned by insecticide in chinese dumplings
which you'd think is the farmers fault, not the dumpling company's fault...

:icon_offtopic: Ask your American hops supplier if the hops he sells meet Australian insecticide limits ?
Some will not sell to Aussie for that reason others will.
Nev

Neither of those links do anything to support your implication that these pumps may not be food grade.

One is about cardboard and caustic soda in buns sold in downtown beijing, the other is about overuse of pesticides and government organisations/departments trying to combat food safety issues (again within the country).

I'm not arguing for or against but it would be good to get some informed links about the issue you raise (specifically export of poor quality goods from China to here), not something different (specifically food additives and pesticides in food sold within China)

My intention was to show the the poor levels of regulative input and food with its horrific outcomes has been well documented. I write construction reports on behalf of Owners Corporations for a living and I'm confronted by the impact of cheap and nasty imports every day. In fact, far more poor quality (Unfit for purpose) then good, often with detrimental outcomes. The products are most often delivered to site by an opportunistic businessman in a removal van. Most are linked to large operation that own numbers of trucks that take advantage of the sponsored visa, employment situation. They simply approach the Site Manager or Property Developer and they go shopping in the van. My concern here was that one of the well meaning members in an effort to secure a bargain for all of us. He passed on his acceptance of the manufacturers guarantee and of course we trust our fellow brewer with good intention. Now I'm considering the purchase of 2 of these pumps myself but I need to feel completely confident that they won't harm my family or me.

http://www.ibtimes.com/why-pentagon-finding-counterfeit-chinese-electronics-critical-military-equipment-701214

Tinny

I understood your intention perfectly. My contention is that it would be much better served if you used links that were much more specific to the issue raised, particularly if examples are as abundant as you say.

Should there in fact be a potential issue with these pumps, then other brewers would be well served by that too.

Tinnyhaha said:
In fact, far more poor quality (Unfit for purpose) then good
So things are getting better then?

manticle said:
I understood your intention perfectly. My contention is that it would be much better served if you used links that were much more specific to the issue raised, particularly if examples are as abundant as you say.

Should there in fact be a potential issue with these pumps, then other brewers would be well served by that too.

[SIZE=10.5pt]I related the pumps to food related articles simply because my primary concern would be for food grade compliance.[/SIZE]
Unfortunately most incidence of electrical failures are dealt[SIZE=10.5pt] [/SIZE]with individually and so often we just accept it’s a
consequence related to price.
In fact, it’s probably fair to suggest as consumers we've become desensitized to our disposable goods and services.
The other thing to consider is the small numbers of pumps that[SIZE=10.5pt] [/SIZE]would be purchased direct from China by consumers.

I've attached an article that discusses Chinese manufacturing[SIZE=10.5pt] [/SIZE]and its lack of ethic on a broarder spectrum

http://www.knowledgeatwharton.com.cn/index.cfm?fa=viewArticle&articleID=2548&languageid=1

Tinny

Latest posts

Back