Its on....a new leader ALP?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gillard............Gonski!!!!!

Meeeehh! No matter who you vote for.............you still get a slimy politician!

Screwy

I thought Julia's resignation speech was all class, unlike that narcissistic fuckwit Rudd.
At least you can trust her to stand by her word and leave politics, unlike Rudd and his numerous statements that he will never run for the leadership again.
What a low life gutless piece of shit he is.

And Peter Garrett has announced he will not contest the next election
Hopefully an Oils reunion tour will be on the cards.

What a great night. Awesome goat beers on tap, a very informative brewery tour, wicked pizza, and to top it off - I get back to our room, turn on the news to see the back stabbing has been reciprocated.
My only regret is there were NO HOPS in the Randall. Why do people call it the hopinator?

At least we won't hear anything more from that Conroy KGB Stasi Gestapo cnut.

tavas said:
Albanese reminds me of a rat
Pyne reminds me of Gollum

pyne.jpg

Now at least the labor party cab finally stop fighting each other and take the fight up to Abbot. Has he even bothered to have a policy or offered anything constructive since he took over the coalition? Being anti everything the other team does is not constructive.

Bridges said:
Now at least the labor party cab finally stop fighting each other
You must be new to Australian politics.

Bridges said:
Now at least the labor party cab finally stop fighting each other and take the fight up to Abbot. Has he even bothered to have a policy or offered anything constructive since he took over the coalition? Being anti everything the other team does is not constructive.
That is the one thing that has kept me from having any hope from that side. I'm hoping Rudd can get some sensible policy out and gain confidence, enough to have a functional government, who knows, even a progressive one.

As much as I think Tony Abbot is the slimiest, most socially connservative politician since his predecessor and as much as I will hate every day he is in power, the media driven circus that is contemporary politics will see a liberal government ruling post next election or my name is Samantha.

He'll be STOPPING THE BOATS and doing other really important stuff. Labour needs to pull its head out of its arse and regain some strength if it wants to be more relevant than a slightly less nasty liberal party.

Hell, old liberal was more socially progressive than contemporary labour (and less cunty than contemporary libs). I'd love to see a politician who stood up for what they believed in. I'd even vote for them if what they believed in made sense (unfortunately the only passionate strong politicians we have had in recent years are people like Bob Katter, Pauline Hanson and Brian Harradine). What about someone with balls AND brains?

Gillard had bigger balls than any man I know, and I've got big nuts.
Anyway. Tony Windsor's exit speech is worth watchif if you have a spare hour. http://www.aph.gov.au/ath click house highlights and it will be on the left.

manticle said:
What about someone with balls AND brains?
Unfortunately people with balls and brains don't go into politics, there's not enough money in it.

Tony Abbot on work place relations...

‘If we’re honest, most of us would accept that a bad boss is a little bit like a bad father or a bad husband … you find that he tends to do more good than harm. He might be a bad boss but at least he’s employing someone while he is in fact a boss.’

Tony Abbot on Indigenous Australia...

‘Western civilisation came to this country in 1788 and I’m proud of that…’

Tony Abbot on immigration...

‘Jesus knew that there was a place for everything and it’s not necessarily everyone’s place to come to Australia.’

Tony Abbot on women...

‘I think it would be folly to expect that women will ever dominate or even approach equal representation in a large number of areas simply because their aptitudes, abilities and interests are different for physiological reasons’

This man and the damage he can do to the country I love, and the people who live in it, especially people at the margins of society scares the ******* crap out of me.

Anyone you know????
Cheers
BBB

Diagnostic criteria for 301.81 Narcissistic Personality Disorder
(DSM IV - TR)

(cautionary statement)

A pervasive pattern of grandiosity (in fantasy or behavior), need for admiration, and lack of empathy, beginning by early adulthood and present in a variety of contexts, as indicated by five (or more) of the following:
(1) has a grandiose sense of self-importance (e.g., exaggerates achievements and talents, expects to be recognized as superior without commensurate achievements)
(2) is preoccupied with fantasies of unlimited success, power, brilliance, beauty, or ideal love
(3) believes that he or she is "special" and unique and can only be understood by, or should associate with, other special or high-status people (or institutions)
(4) requires excessive admiration
(5) has a sense of entitlement, i.e., unreasonable expectations of especially favorable treatment or automatic compliance with his or her expectations
(6) is interpersonally exploitative, i.e., takes advantage of others to achieve his or her own ends
(7) lacks empathy: is unwilling to recognize or identify with the feelings and needs of others
(8) is often envious of others or believes that others are envious of him or her
(9) shows arrogant, haughty behaviors or attitudes

I have NEVER been interested in power.

Love the haught, I do.

I somehow posted this in the mexican food thread. Have transferred it here - was initially in response to Liam Snorkel:

If Gillard had stood up on gay marriage I would have had more faith in her. I never believed her stance was from the heart.
Marriage is between a man and a woman......... What a load of utter bollocks.

Marriage is between two people who want to get married.

^ You have a point. I was more referring to the amount of garbage she's had to put up with over the last few years. Many people would have cracked.

She was an atheist who had to endure parliamentary prayers every sitting. Can you imagine?

excerpt.
Almighty God, we humbly beseech Thee to vouchsafe Thy special blessing upon this Parliament, and that Thou wouldst be pleased to direct and prosper the work of Thy servants to the advancement of Thy glory

I guess she must have been biting down hard on her tongue or thumbing through her notes as her peers pleaded to the supernatural for guidance and offered they're submission.

Back