Its on....a new leader ALP?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DU99 said:
wouldn't worry about rudd or the labour party..remember when the liberals got in and said "NO GST" what happened..remember workplaces changes.and there's talk of fiddling with people's super..all i can say don't trust anyone the parade's around in speedo's
that was not the case. when howard said no gst at the election he served the term without doing so.
the next election he said he would introduce the gst if he won government. he won, gst was introduced.
if you were implying comparison to the carbon tax, there is a big difference.

Well he did say 'never, ever,' as opposed to 'won't be doing it this term but wouldn't rule it out in future' but there's no major surprises with that kind of shenanigans from either side. If I remember correctly GST was an idea proposed by a labour PM (who deposed the then contemporary PM incidentally).

People really need to get over the idea that they have any control over who leads a party. They don't, either practically or theoretically so why hold onto the concept?

By fiddle with your super Abbott will tax your super at 15% even if you are only earning under $37000. Under $37000 are currently exempt from tax on their super this is paid for by the mining tax. What this means is Abbott wants to give money to his mates Gina Clive et al. At the same time take it away from those who can least afford it. People earning $37000 are struggling now and they will get to continue to struggle in retirement. When asked Abbott replied he "wouldn't make any unexpected changes to super" In other words expect your super to be taxed hard. Especially if you don't earn much. Bastards.

bum said:
Worst name-drop ever.
I've met & shook hands with Sir Douglas Bader & Laddie Lucas.

I've had dinner & a quiet chat with Sir Peter Cosgrove (ex-CDF).

I knew one of the members of the "Bravo Two-Zero" SAS patrol as written-about by Andy McNabb (Obviously, I can't drop a name, here!!!).

And now, the bad ones:

I went to school & was in the Army Cadets with Julian Knight (Hoddle St. massacre anyone?). Nice bloke (or so I thought at the time!). Very intelligent. Not real smart, 'though, eh?

I had lunch with Kim Beasley once ('sat next to him at the same table). He was so full of unadulterated shit I had to move tables just so I could actually stand to eat.

After the Black Saturday bushfires, I got K.Rudd's Mobile number ('still got it). Never used it, but why bother - he was going to just wave his hand over the land & "POOF!!" everything would be well again!. That worked-out well for everyone, now, didn't it?

OK, Bum, how did I do with the name-dropping?

goomboogo said:
Ok, it's time for the secret to come out. Nick is Kevin Rudd.
You mean it's the second-coming of the Messiah for BOTH of them?!?!!?

Let's just remember: "He's NOT the Messiah, he's a VERY NAUGHTY BOY!!" (that probably applies to both of them, too!)

Latest posts

Back