Its on....a new leader ALP?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
the whole thing sucks. They booted Rudd in the first place because nobody in caucus liked him. Everyone (labor & independents - go watch the valedictory speeches) speaks very highly of the way JG operated, but for whatever reason she was hounded by the populace for assuming his position. So now it's reluctantly back to Rudd to take advantage of his popularity and save a few seats.

abbott_bradbury.jpg

In an interview with The Bulletin magazine in May 2007, Senator Heffernan repeated previously stated views that priests should be able to marry because "...priests, like the rest of us, wake up with a horn at four in the morning."[14]
In the same Bulletin interview, Heffernan caused widespread outrage by suggesting the unmarried and childless Deputy Leader of the Opposition Julia Gillard was unfit for leadership because she was "deliberately barren".[14] He continued: "I mean anyone who chooses to remain deliberately barren ... they’ve got no idea what life’s about."

Heffernan, seriously, what was he on?

I generally hate current affairs type journalists but occasionally they do deliver some gold. Not that it's hard to make .

Last edited by a moderator:
Bridges said:
In an interview with The Bulletin magazine in May 2007, Senator Heffernan repeated previously stated views that priests should be able to marry because "...priests, like the rest of us, wake up with a horn at four in the morning."[14]
Everyone gets the orn.

http://youtu.be/RPcDREaxsu8

Liam_snorkel said:
, but for whatever reason she was hounded by the populace for assuming his position
Perhaps the general populace thought they voted Kevin 07 in?

manticle said:
I somehow posted this in the mexican food thread. Have transferred it here - was initially in response to Liam Snorkel:

If Gillard had stood up on gay marriage I would have had more faith in her. I never believed her stance was from the heart.
Marriage is between a man and a woman......... What a load of utter bollocks.

Marriage is between two people who want to get married.
I think she was just about to change her stance. But as usual her timing and execution were up shit creek.

I think there are aspects of any parties policies that are not so good and I don't claim to know them all. The Abbott camp are probably going to do some stuff I won't like. However, I believe their plans for expansion of agriculture and industry in northern Australia will have far reaching and long term benefits for our nation.

manticle said:
They voted for the party. The party elects their leader.
Indeed that IS how it works, it may not be the public perception though. Generally I would say voting is largely influenced by who the party has elected as their leader prior to voting.

If we are that stupid (and I agree we are) then politicians should be voted in based entirely on their looks.

That way we'd have none of the numbskulls from either party that we do now.

Liam_snorkel said:
there was an election in 2010, you may remember.
Really? You went there?

Oh dear. Good luck, thread.

manticle said:
If we are that stupid (and I agree we are) then politicians should be voted in based entirely on their looks.

That way we'd have none of the numbskulls from either party that we do now.
Clearly physical appearance is an absurd reason to vote for anybody.

Being able to chug a yard in 11 seconds on the other hand..

513197-120825-inq-hawke.jpg

haha, makes you wonder what qualities an ALP leader needs,
im sure plenty ahb members will give the yardy a go in <11 secs for the the top job.
still time for another challenge, hope we do get to see another b4 the election!

Back