Royal Commission into botched home insulation scheme.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love this one, still relevant. The member for Bennelong was John Howard.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gc96KVsTKtY

manticle said:
As opposed to 80% of other politicians (from both sides) who are never smug, arrogant or dismissive?

Abbot, Howard, Rudd, Keating, Bishop, Vanstone, Brandis? All good listeners? All willing to accept constructive criticism?

I wanna punch them all in the chops.
You neglected to include Pyne.

When you talk about politicians, you're bound to forget one or two self serving, whiny, arrogant cockboxes.

The whole home insulation debacle has always confused me - political point scoring at its best

Why labor didnt straight away condemn dodgy bosses and move to introduce industrial manslaughter I'll be damned.

On top of that, Ive heard that the per-installation fatality rate didnt really change during the scheme, simply that there was a fuckload of installing happening.

Like if everyone went for a drive on the same day - the number of crashes will be 10x yesterday, but thats only because 10x more people are on the road...

Well if you read all that Stu,My hat is off to you.

I did skip 1 or 2 pages..

But the whole gist of it was....dodgy installers after financial gain damaged the reputation of the insulation industry in general..

As has been said earlier, it wasnt the the governments fault that they guys died, it was dodgy installers cutting corners.

Yep, they were the cause, although workplace training, health & safety are state government issues. I think the phrase is when the shit hits the fan, everyone wears a bit.

Its kind of funny that the LNP has not been able to score any political points out of the witch hunt...

Its a kind of " What was the point" in having the inquiry when everyone knew the result...

Pretty much a waste of tax payers money considering we are in a "budget emergency"..... -_-

Latest posts

Back