New BOC 'Fill for Less' Offer ... now worth it!?! ... if you Sodastream

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

captpete007

Reaction score
Hi all

Just letting you know of a new deal with BOC that may work for some, especially if you're in a country town like me that's an hour away from a home brew shop that does refills. [BTW: I've no vested interest in BOC. Skip the 'long story' if you want and go to the 'short story' if you're in a hurry.]

The long story: I live in Dalby and am setting up a VERY basic keg system. A mate was happy for me to borrow his spare empty 6kg bottle. A 6kg bottle will last forever for my little keg operation but we go through quite a few Sodastream bottles making soda water which is costing me $19 per bottle to swap so I was happy for the bigger bottle. Problem is, my borrowed 6kg bottle is stamped 2012, which is over the 5 year limit. So the 'local' home brew shop (an hour's drive away) can't fill it. So while in Brisbane, I went searching for a place to recertify the tank and fill it, which was no easy job. At the end of the day, it looked like I would need to drive 40min to drop the tank off (and drive back the next day to pick it up), it would take about $30 (as far as I could tell) to recertify it and then my home brew shop does 6kg refills for about $70.

In my researching, I called BOC to see just how expensive it would be to rent a bottle. The 1300 number got me an OS operator who put me on to a new deal! He got my details, passed them on and an Aussie guy (Joshua - nice bloke to deal with) called back to explain again the new scheme and send me a quote.

The short story: BOC has a new Fill for Less offer that costs $79 per year for a 6kg bottle of food grade CO2. You get a bottle for free, which you can swap for free in the first 12 months and then get a new bottle every 12 months. There's a BOC distributor in my town just 5 min drive away! I've only got to refill 4 Sodastream bottles from my 6kg bottle and it's worth it! You just need to take your quote to your local BOC distributor (that's Walsh and Ford in Dalby), they'll give you your bottle and in about a month's time I'll have an invoice sent to me for $79. That works great for me!

So, even if you're a home brew small timer like me, if you're wanting to save money on Sodastream bottle refills, and you're comfortable refilling them yourself (safely first), then this might work for your keg needs too! :)

Hi all

Just letting you know of a new deal with BOC that may work for some, especially if you're in a country town like me that's an hour away from a home brew shop that does refills. [BTW: I've no vested interest in BOC. Skip the 'long story' if you want and go to the 'short story' if you're in a hurry.]

The long story: I live in Dalby and am setting up a VERY basic keg system. A mate was happy for me to borrow his spare empty 6kg bottle. A 6kg bottle will last forever for my little keg operation but we go through quite a few Sodastream bottles making soda water which is costing me $19 per bottle to swap so I was happy for the bigger bottle. Problem is, my borrowed 6kg bottle is stamped 2012, which is over the 5 year limit. So the 'local' home brew shop (an hour's drive away) can't fill it. So while in Brisbane, I went searching for a place to recertify the tank and fill it, which was no easy job. At the end of the day, it looked like I would need to drive 40min to drop the tank off (and drive back the next day to pick it up), it would take about $30 (as far as I could tell) to recertify it and then my home brew shop does 6kg refills for about $70.

In my researching, I called BOC to see just how expensive it would be to rent a bottle. The 1300 number got me an OS operator who put me on to a new deal! He got my details, passed them on and an Aussie guy (Joshua - nice bloke to deal with) called back to explain again the new scheme and send me a quote.

The short story: BOC has a new Fill for Less offer that costs $79 per year for a 6kg bottle of food grade CO2. You get a bottle for free, which you can swap for free in the first 12 months and then get a new bottle every 12 months. There's a BOC distributor in my town just 5 min drive away! I've only got to refill 4 Sodastream bottles from my 6kg bottle and it's worth it! You just need to take your quote to your local BOC distributor (that's Walsh and Ford in Dalby), they'll give you your bottle and in about a month's time I'll have an invoice sent to me for $79. That works great for me!

So, even if you're a home brew small timer like me, if you're wanting to save money on Sodastream bottle refills, and you're comfortable refilling them yourself (safely first), then this might work for your keg needs too! :)
Awesome, for someone just getting into the whole legging world its perfect

If you have space, ditch the soda stream and get another keg, 2nd regulator set for ~25psi and tap and have 19L soda water to chilled to go anytime

Latest posts

Back