Its Grand Day Here In Qld

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The King of Spain

Reaction score
Or get rid of Anna day if you are not a Queenslander :p . So here is the recipe for todays GRAND Brown Ale. I am minus a few grains so hope it all works out.

Grain/Extract/Sugar

% Amount Name Origin Potential SRM
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
4.0 0.20 kg. Chocolate Malt America 1.029 350
92.0 4.60 kg. Pale Ale Malt (2-row) Australia 1.037 2
4.0 0.20 kg. Wheat Malt Australia 1.038 2

Hops

Amount Name Form Alpha IBU Boil Time
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
20.00 g. Galena Whole 13.00 28.9 60 min.
20.00 g. Amarillo Gold Whole 8.90 7.2 10 min.
20.00 g. Cascade Whole 5.75 2.6 5 min.

No way I'm voting for LNP. The guy sitting in my electorate is 18 and his dad is the richest man in qld. **** that. Maybe if he invited me to a cocaine party or something but he didn't so screw that guy.

Or get rid of Anna day if you are not a Queenslander :p .

Or sweet revenge day. My partner had a mild heart attack a couple of years ago in September. She was booked in to see the cardiologist at Caboolture Hospital in the November. Her appointment was cancelled due to the mass resignations at the Caboolture hospital, and moved to February, that actually arrived in the mail at the same time as Peter Beattie's mail out on how wonderful the hospital system now was since his recent improvements.

On Friday 13th January she had a further heart attack and a stroke. Fortunately she was in Geelong at the time - and the care she got there was absolutely brilliant. If it had happened in Queensland she would have died for sure. The team (in Victoria you get a team, not an overworked semi literate pakistani doctor) couldn't believe that QLD health had allowed her to travel.

On return to QLD she was booked in for an angiogram. After a long wait (it's now September again FFS) she arrived at the Prince Charles to discover that Queensland Health had lost her records including a fat file sent up from Geelong.

She has made a moderate recovery but will be seriously disabled for the rest of her life.

Edit: Mark, I'm a lifelong labor voter till now but I think they need a term or two in the wilderness to get rid of the dead wood like the idiot Health Minister and Police Minister, reinvigorate themselves, and learn a bloody lesson. And I agree about that Palmer kid. He's got huge hoardings up at the train stations on the Caboolture line, I thought he was a real estate agent at first, looks like one.

Going out to vote now. Goody goody goody goody.

On topic: are you in BABBs, King? there's an American Pale Amber Brown comp on next week and everyone gets to taste, might interest you.

I wish we had Mato from MMM to vote for on the northside.... He has my vote. Bring back Cracker Night, allow to ride in the back of a ute and if you get hurt its your fault, a slab of beer on your birthday amongst other pure gem policies. Although its a joke, he is running against Anna Bligh in her own seat, no one I know wants Springborg in, so I think he may have a fair shot...
Ahh to live in a free country where you are FORCED to vote, and your vote has equal say as these dickheads in a few years time.
0,,5844019,00.jpg

That ******* moron with the yellow shades should be gassed for his own good. :lol:

stagga.

Voted 1 green no prefs. At least I didn't have to vote for duh Lawrence duh Spring duh (looks like the speech therapy didn't work) borg.

I'm voting labour. The young lass, Jody Tunnicliffe has a pretty face and is quite fit from her pic in the local rag!

How shallow I've become. :rolleyes:

Political discussion can be tricky on forums...unless we all agree :D

Cyborg, although a complete idiot, is also an evil fu#%er, true to the LNP way of thinking. Anna has not done a lot right, but the retention of Labor would be a far, far better result than letting those arseholes in.

I voted Greens, with preferences. Bribie, preferences are still there even if you dont put them in, so you may as well send them the way YOU want them to go. But at least if enough vote Greens we can send the message that the 2 major parties are all wankers.

Cheers,
Jake

I'd vote for anyone who would give me the right to vote.

I should just get off my ar$# and get my citizenship I suppose.

Australian permanent resident.

Cheers,

microbe

I voted Greens, with preferences to Labor then some independent I hadn't even heard of, and then LNP and then Family First.

That's how much I have respect for the LNP and Family First. I chose some dude I'd never heard of above them! Could have put ronald mcdonald and hitler there and I'd vote for them over family first!!!

Mark, how did that teenage used car salesman real estate kid get on? Hopefully he got creamed.

Three more years of anna! :eek:

more time to get the brew right.
As one of the state's humble public servants, my own personal view (!) is that they're my thoughts precisely! Under Lawrence, with my position being a humble sh*t kicker in a largely non- conservative politics- friendly department, there was a good chance things would have to be wrapped up pretty smartly. Mind you, even today I'm sensing that razor gangs may not be all that far around the corner... Some, justifiably- so, but jeez Qld health needs one kick in the pants.
Disclaimer- Some self- interest, granted, but from where I see it, if you knew what I did, then you'd agree that the greater good would suffer too... :(

Latest posts

Back