Help Support Aussie Homebrewer by donating:

It's been too long - For Sale - stuff

Discussion in 'Buy and Sell' started by Maple, 9/10/18.

1. Maple

Talkin' bout a Rye-volution

Home Page:
    Posted 9/10/18
    Hey all.
    Former regular around AHB, but that's going back a fair few years. Haven't touched my brewing kit for at least 6 years now, and although I had hoped to get back into it, I don't see that happening.

So rather than just continually shift stuff around to make room for things, I figure I'll put it up here where there might be someone just starting out, or wanting to add to the collection of bits and stuff.

As for inventory, well good question. I'll have to go and search around the house, and figure out what's where, but as a start, I brewed on a 3V AG system. HLT is a 50L stainless vessel (converted keg) with electric element. MT is also 50L SS converted keg. Kettle is 60 or 65L Alu pot, with a big ass burner that sits under it, on a frame I build out of that angled mechano metal you can pick up at bunnings. (pics to follow). 2 Pumps for transfers, some silicone hoses for this as well.

Also have one of those mash master grain mills, A kettle hacked for recirc/temp adjustment (SS coil tube) and likely a bunch of other bits that I can't recall off the top of my head.

There are also 10 or 12 corny kegs, 4 perlick taps with the extensions for freezer mounting (converted my freezer back to its manufactured purpose), think I still have a font or 2 stashed away somewhere too. 4 fermenters.... see, this stuff is taking up way to much realestate.

Anyway, I'll see if I can get a few pics of the items, and push it up here. All stuff needs to go, but I CBF posting (mostly too big anyway), so if your In or around the eastern Melb suburbs, that's be ideal.

3V Setup
    [​IMG]

HLT and MT
    [​IMG]

Burner and HP Reg
    [​IMG]

Stood up and stored
    [​IMG]

Last edited: 9/10/18
  2. Maple

Home Page:
    Posted 9/10/18
    Managed to track down 11 of the Cornys - not opened in years - suggest replacing o-rings.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

And there are 4 of these Perlicks:
    [​IMG]

3. Nullnvoid

Posted 9/10/18
    Price?

4. Maple

Home Page:
    Posted 9/10/18
    Mate - I've been outta this game for a while, and forget how much I've spent over the years. I'll need time to figure out what sorta $ this stuff is worth, but I know I wont recover close to what I paid. If you are genuinely interested, PM me a reasonable offer.

Nullnvoid likes this.
  5. altone

Kept man
    Posted 9/10/18
    I'm in Rowville but only interested in a couple of Cornys and Perlicks depending on what you're asking of course.
    I've downsized from a 3v years ago to an all in one now so I kind of know where you're coming from. (If only I had more space)

Just as an fyi JJJ Brewing are selling used Cornys for $30 and don't know prices for the Perlicks but new SS Intertaps are about $30 too.

I'm sure there will be lots of folks interested in your big stuff though

6. Eggs

Posted 9/10/18
    Hey maple. I'm looking for a HERMS for my gear. I'd be interested in you SS coil and kettle setup if you are selling separately to the 3V setup. Do you have any details? cheers.

7. Maple

Home Page:
    Posted 9/10/18
    Cheers for the posts and PMs folks - at this stage, I'd really like to keep things together, for ease and whatnot, but perhaps a pipe dream. lets give it a bit and see what happens, but sure, if it's gotta be split, so be it.

Eggs - Will try and dig out the kettle/coil and ping you a message. I've got a controller for it to, that I never got sorted out (with the temp probe), but always just ran er manual, monitoring the temps in the MT.

8. Custardplough

Posted 10/10/18
    Gday Maple,
    I'd be interested in buying the lot from you, only drama is I'm in south west WA. If you don't mind sending me an email to custardplough@gmail.com with a price, I,ll look into some postage costs etc. Thanks cobba

9. Hangover68

Posted 10/10/18
    Got a link for the cheap corny's, looked at their site but $65 was cheapest i saw.

koshari likes this.
  10. altone

Kept man
    Posted 10/10/18
    Hangover68 likes this.
  11. koshari

Posted 11/10/18
  12. Dangal

Posted 17/11/18
    Are the 4 perlicks available still?, or has this all been sold?

13. brewermp

Posted 19/11/18
    Hey maple is the mill still available?