• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

It's been too long - For Sale - stuff

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Maple

Talkin' bout a Rye-volution
Reaction score
Hey all.
Former regular around AHB, but that's going back a fair few years. Haven't touched my brewing kit for at least 6 years now, and although I had hoped to get back into it, I don't see that happening.

So rather than just continually shift stuff around to make room for things, I figure I'll put it up here where there might be someone just starting out, or wanting to add to the collection of bits and stuff.

As for inventory, well good question. I'll have to go and search around the house, and figure out what's where, but as a start, I brewed on a 3V AG system. HLT is a 50L stainless vessel (converted keg) with electric element. MT is also 50L SS converted keg. Kettle is 60 or 65L Alu pot, with a big ass burner that sits under it, on a frame I build out of that angled mechano metal you can pick up at bunnings. (pics to follow). 2 Pumps for transfers, some silicone hoses for this as well.

Also have one of those mash master grain mills, A kettle hacked for recirc/temp adjustment (SS coil tube) and likely a bunch of other bits that I can't recall off the top of my head.

There are also 10 or 12 corny kegs, 4 perlick taps with the extensions for freezer mounting (converted my freezer back to its manufactured purpose), think I still have a font or 2 stashed away somewhere too. 4 fermenters.... see, this stuff is taking up way to much realestate.

Anyway, I'll see if I can get a few pics of the items, and push it up here. All stuff needs to go, but I CBF posting (mostly too big anyway), so if your In or around the eastern Melb suburbs, that's be ideal.

3V Setup
m6OS3bZ.jpg

HLT and MT
wgsUbag.jpg

Burner and HP Reg
dhxb5rA.jpg

Stood up and stored
khKrNXO.jpg

Last edited:
Managed to track down 11 of the Cornys - not opened in years - suggest replacing o-rings.
70kE4aC.jpg

FBUX0rJ.jpg

And there are 4 of these Perlicks:
3Y9mkFD.jpg

Mate - I've been outta this game for a while, and forget how much I've spent over the years. I'll need time to figure out what sorta $ this stuff is worth, but I know I wont recover close to what I paid. If you are genuinely interested, PM me a reasonable offer.

I'm in Rowville but only interested in a couple of Cornys and Perlicks depending on what you're asking of course.
I've downsized from a 3v years ago to an all in one now so I kind of know where you're coming from. (If only I had more space)

Just as an fyi JJJ Brewing are selling used Cornys for $30 and don't know prices for the Perlicks but new SS Intertaps are about $30 too.

I'm sure there will be lots of folks interested in your big stuff though

Hey maple. I'm looking for a HERMS for my gear. I'd be interested in you SS coil and kettle setup if you are selling separately to the 3V setup. Do you have any details? cheers.

Cheers for the posts and PMs folks - at this stage, I'd really like to keep things together, for ease and whatnot, but perhaps a pipe dream. lets give it a bit and see what happens, but sure, if it's gotta be split, so be it.

Eggs - Will try and dig out the kettle/coil and ping you a message. I've got a controller for it to, that I never got sorted out (with the temp probe), but always just ran er manual, monitoring the temps in the MT.

Gday Maple,
I'd be interested in buying the lot from you, only drama is I'm in south west WA. If you don't mind sending me an email to [email protected] with a price, I,ll look into some postage costs etc. Thanks cobba

I'm in Rowville but only interested in a couple of Cornys and Perlicks depending on what you're asking of course.
I've downsized from a 3v years ago to an all in one now so I kind of know where you're coming from. (If only I had more space)

Just as an fyi JJJ Brewing are selling used Cornys for $30 and don't know prices for the Perlicks but new SS Intertaps are about $30 too.

I'm sure there will be lots of folks interested in your big stuff though

Got a link for the cheap corny's, looked at their site but $65 was cheapest i saw.

Latest posts

Back