Isb First Meet Of 2007

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If more people can make it I'd rather push it out a week, I am in melbourne this weekend, but its a clear run after that.

OK, I can step up as the rookie AG'er (don't tell me I need to buy a left handed mash paddle please) as long as this is OK for you Mike. If you'd rather just have a drink that's OK as well. I've still got a fresh wort to ferment up that I bought prior to Chrissy in anticipation of losing stuff to infection. 17th is still OK but the following weekend is OK too!!!

Do you want to set up a quick poll and see who want it changed to the 24th, I'd rather have more guests than less!

i think im good for the 24th ... will check for certain later on ...

24th is much better for me, will definitely be able to make it then ;)

Sounds like we have a new date!!!!

Still brewing or not??..... your call Mike.

why didnt we come up with this in the first place ???? im confirmed as good for the 24th no work , just gotta inform the war dept now ..

OK so for any one who's missed it, we are sticking with the 17th from 11.30am. I will provide ingredients and equipment if necessary, others can brew and we will keep the resulting brew for the next meet.
Will also fire up the BBQ and put on some snags and salad.
Bring the sunblock!

Mike,

Let me know if you need any more equip - plastic racking cane, 30 or 40l mash tun. 38l cylindrical cooler with steel braid manifold (can be used as combined mash/lauter tun); Ph meter, hop sock, etc

Nick

if anyone wants a copy of the current brewnetwork podcasts, post / pm me this arvo & ill burns some dvd's tonight.

cheers

I think it will be an English Bitter we make.

sorry guys looks like i have overslept and wont be able to drop in today , the joys of night shifts , just got up and its time to head out to work again real soon , looking out the window the weather has turned on a great one anyway so i trust you guys are enjoying things .. cya all soon

Thanks Mike for hosting. a very pleasant afternoon was had by all, although the sun was on the strong side, as i found when looking in the mirror that night. It was good to put some faces to names. sorry i had to skip out early. how many litres did the boil end with ?

great arvo Mike, thanks for having us.

Craig, I think Mike ended up with 26l in the fermenter @ the expected gravity (1038?)

Ned sorry you couldn't make it. Let me know your schedule & you can come over for a mash @ my place one day.

Hi all,

thanks to Mike for hosting, and everybody else to make it really entertaining.

To follow up on my strong Wit everybody found too sweet, the hydrometer says 1.012. Should be fully fermented I would guess. Maybe mashed on the high side of 65C.

Cheers,
Laurent

Yes, that fermenter was quite full and a litre or two had to go on the garden :( Good ol British malts always give a super result . Took a bit of time to get it down from 26C to 19C before I pitched the yeast. I think it was around 11.30pm. I used Nottingham and this morning the fermentation seems to have slowed right down, I didn't have time to measure it with the hydrometer.

Thanks to everyone who showed up. My exposed bits are looking a whole lot more tanned today, phew that sun was full on. Pulled up suprisingly well after a whole day of drinking in the sun.

p.s Craig , you forgot to leave the DVD behind, will have to grab it from you next time,

Cant beleive I only just found out about the ISB, have been lurking on these forums for a few weeks now, would have been great to come along and enjoy the experience with all.

keep your eyes peeled bugman on the clubs section (ISB subforum) we usually meet once a month or there abouts be it just for a chat and sample brews or a brew day like the meet just had ...

The ordinary bitter is done fermenting 1.010 as of last night, had a 200mls out of the fermenter and it smelt and tasted great, now for a few days of conditioning, then into the keg, will probably pour the first schooner on sunday. Geez I love these low gravity English beers, grain to brain in 8 days!

Back