Isb First Meet Of 2007

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
all this talk of cubes and no cubes , we need to remember that its only going to be a 23 litre batch anyway ....

either way just thought id put that in to save any confusion that may be ...

I think I may talk Leon into giving one of his renowned "demos" on the day

i think if barra wants to get into ag, then allowing him to do the hands on bit, would be more beneficial than watching a demo.

I'm easy with whatever the rest want to do. My duties will be Food and keg supervisor :)

and I'm sure it will be hands on for the ag virgins matter who's doing the brewing

im out bloody work screwing me around again. ill see you all in a couple of months, and since they have blocked it at work if anyone wants to get in touch with me email me at [email protected]

Have you guys decided what you are brewing on the day?....any recipe suggestions yet?

Ned, got a PC for your old man which I will have that sat. You just need some RAM and a Hard drive

was that Aidan's Irish Red Irish Red Ale or the trough lolly recipe

i think those recipes are one in the same ill check to be sure ...nope my mistake , thats what happens when you look at things half asleep.. either one works for me id probably favor trough lollies one for the darker coloring if nothing else
whats your opinion on either of these guys ....

if no one else is goin to put their hand up to do a brew ill get the required bits and peices together and have a bash at it on the day (with mikes gear if thats OK)

cheers for the pc too mike id forgotten about that !

Barra

Go for the Kilkenny clone recipe, looks like a nice drop. You might as well take the cube as you are one of the non-AG'ers that would appreciate it. Let me know if you need any ingredients, however i would just get the ingredients shipped or buy them from somewhere in the amounts and go from there. Somebody should have an appropriate English style yeast that they can make a starter of for you, if not, just use SO4. Ask Stuster if you can have the TT yeast ;)

Barra

Go for the Kilkenny clone recipe, looks like a nice drop. You might as well take the cube as you are one of the non-AG'ers that would appreciate it. Let me know if you need any ingredients, however i would just get the ingredients shipped or buy them from somewhere in the amounts and go from there. Somebody should have an appropriate English style yeast that they can make a starter of for you, if not, just use SO4. Ask Stuster if you can have the TT yeast ;)

Sure can. No problem at all. But it sounds like it might be a fussy yeast, needing open ferment. Maybe WLP004 would a good one to use for this. Or 1728. I'll go halves with you, Ned. :D

Shit , bitch, ******* and anything else youd like to throw in with it ....

ive just realisedd that i have to cover a night shift next weekend all weekend so after getting all gee'd up to do my first all grain im gonna have to step aside and let someone else have a crack at it , ill still pop in to mikes for a chat for a bit but i wont be able to hang around the length of time required for a brew ... DOH !!!!!

funny you mentioned WLP 004 Stu i just got given a starter of that today ... also have some 1728 too i think but looks like ill be saving that for next time now ....

sorry if this causes any one else any grief (im shattered by it )

Hmmm... who's next?

Barls?

Anybody?

Barra, i'm sure their will be PLENTY of opportunities for you to get your first AG under your belt.

Bad luck Barra. You can come over to my place for a mash one Saturday if you like (I'd like to do an irish red too, so we can put down a double batch).

With Barra & Barls out, who's next in line to put crack their AG cherry? I seem to recall Edgecliffe Brewer showing some interest.

For some reason I thought this was on this weekend so I hadn't considered anything but then just checked and realised we are on next weekend......!!

Let me check with my boss this evening........ I'm tied up on Sundy as well so to lose the whole weekend might be pushing it.

Let me check with my boss this evening........ I'm tied up on Sundy as well so to lose the whole weekend might be pushing it.

Go on Gav, live on the edge!! push the envelope! Then again you might be already seeing as you are gonna be "tied up on Sundy" :eek: :blink: :unsure:

Go on Gav, live on the edge!! push the envelope! Then again you might be already seeing as you are gonna be "tied up on Sundy" :eek: :blink: :unsure:

lol, I'm tied up a heap with my kids footy club this year and Sundy is one of the registration days, so ........just another day away from the mob!!!!!

Bad luck Barra. You can come over to my place for a mash one Saturday if you like (I'd like to do an irish red too, so we can put down a double batch).

With Barra & Barls out, who's next in line to put crack their AG cherry? I seem to recall Edgecliffe Brewer showing some interest.

might have to take you up on that offer one day philip, dunno when though my roster is all over the shop for a few months now , the joys of being the casual people on holidays people with cut off fingers , i get to fill the holes left by them .. oh well the O/T might help me buy some of the gear i need for AG'ing....

i dont mind pushing it out another week but depends on mike & edgecliff ....

Latest posts

Back