Isb First Meet Of 2007

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If we are going to brew lets start earlier 11am perhaps?

so the 17th of feb it is then, i agree if we are brewing lets start earlier than 11 maybe 9.30 or does that sound too early

Its always awkward cracking open a beer then but I am keen :)

9.30 is too early for me, I need time to set up and prepare and get the Missus off to work.

Guys

The wife has had our little one as of Tuesday night, 3.6kg and 50cm, so she's a pretty big little girl. I should, fingers crossed, be able to make it at least for a couple of hours. I have a Cream Ale, a selection of APA's, a Boh Pils and a Roggenbier to try out. I might even bring along the old Raspberry Wheat.

I'll save you from the "show off the baby" routine and just bring a couple of photos, unless of course i have to babysit!

i didnt mean to dictate times i was just putting forward an idea feel free to modify as needed mike. if your going to bring your raspberry wheat i might bring mine as well as my new vanilla bean amber. hopefully work wont intrude

Guys

The wife has had our little one as of Tuesday night, 3.6kg and 50cm, so she's a pretty big little girl. I should, fingers crossed, be able to make it at least for a couple of hours. I have a Cream Ale, a selection of APA's, a Boh Pils and a Roggenbier to try out. I might even bring along the old Raspberry Wheat.

I'll save you from the "show off the baby" routine and just bring a couple of photos, unless of course i have to babysit!

CONGRATULATIONS BEN & AMY !!

Congratulations Ben and Amy! :D

A big girl. Hope it all went smoothly (or as smoothly as these things can).

Raising a beer for your family (!) now. :beer:

congrats amy & ben. am having a 'head wetting' little critters beers in her honour right now :)

I hope you've got some stocks built up ben ! ;-)

shit i missed that sorry congrates ben

Congratulatioins on the new assistant brewer Ben. Hope Amy is doing well.

philip

Will sink a few in your honour tonight Ben. Welcome to a new life....not that I would know

seeing this is only gonna be a single batch brew , is it going to be done by one of the experienced guys or will it be handled by a newbie under watchful eyes ??? my hand goes up for the second option as part of the ISB brewers edumacation program...

seeing this is only gonna be a single batch brew , is it going to be done by one of the experienced guys or will it be handled by a newbie under watchful eyes ??? my hand goes up for the second option as part of the ISB brewers edumacation program...

anyone ??

im up for the 17th dependent on work, what are we brewing?
ill put my hand up as a non ag brewer

I think it should be the latter really, we tried to do the former on a couple of these and everyone was too busy drinking and gasbagging to pay much attention really.

Not sure about the recipe, it is approaching fast so maybe somebody can chime in, personally i think we should go with an amber type base beer that could be done as a cal common, altbier or vienna/marzen depending on yeast choices and dilution. APA's are always popular but we seem to have done mostly them!

I'm not up for a cube this time but if i can make it i will bring a couple of beers and some ingredients if needed, but since i might not be able to make it don't rely on me to bring much!

Work has been killing me lately, that with an over abundance of social activities means I haven't thought much about what to brew, but the gear is here to rip a single 23L batch. I figure whoever wants the batch can bring/pay for the ingredients.....but then again why not just relax with some brews and something on the BBQ, personally I don't want to work too hard on the day. :)

dont worry Mike, u can supervise :) provided u trust your new brew assistants ;-)

roughly where in Coogee ? is a bus stop nearby ? :)

I am for a smoked porter using the peat-smoked malt that DJR mentioned a few posts back. I also have some old Alt yeast which I could culture up.

I am volunteering to play an active part and to take home a cube.

EB

Back