Isb Brewday @ Flops

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone pitched that bucket'o'yeast yet? How much of it did you use?

Chuck it all in ya big girl!
It will be a nice fast start.
Cheers
Gerard

So how is the Schwarz kids???

Mine went to keg after ~ 2 weeks of CC. I like it. Big hit of Saaz on the aroma and flavour with some caramel sweetness from the Munich and coffee roast. Colour is spot on. Maybe a little heavy on the roast on the palate but not off puting in anyway. Still a little green but no doubt will settle. I had a beer novice try it last night and he came back for another...... always a good sign.

Pitched mine yesterday arvo. have to wait a while before I can report back ;-)

Gav - your cube is being cleaned as i type. i found a cube of the czech dark we did a while back, so I'm going to dump it on the yeast cake when the schwartz is done. Should be an interesting comparison.

I've just started drinking mine. It's certainly a bit green right now. The malt flavours are good but the hops are a bit rough at the moment, though the whack of Saaz aroma is pretty nice as well. Have to see how it smooths with some time in the keg. B)

i found a cube of the czech dark we did a while back,

Geez, > than 1 year is it???? Be interesting to see what it's like. Been thinking what the effects are of leaving various types of worts "maturing" for a while prior to fermentation.

good to hear you guys are over dosing on saaz it's the best way to go.

Latest posts

Back