Isb Brewday @ Flops

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ok just went and checked. ive got about 6kg of pils in 1 container and most likely about 3 in another.
ive also have a few kgs of munich.

I thought Croz's 90l mash was dead ... or is it just a zombie ?

wth?!?! only 300g in 120l? I'd put that much in 20L

thats sooo soft.

hey guys do you want me to pick the grain up from daves on friday as i work just down the road.
cheers for letting me have a second cube for kels father.

hey guys do you want me to pick the grain up from daves on friday as i work just down the road.
cheers for letting me have a second cube for kels father.

That'd be great barls. I rang them on Fri. and they have set aside the base malt for us. I'll probably pay for it using my credit card during the week so you'll just have to pick it up.

Gav.

not a problem mate.
looking forward to saturday. ill bring a bottle from Keith.

Any details on time?

Time : Aiming for a 10.30am mash in so a 9.30 arrival

i think the best answer is after i get there as im picking up the grain :D :D

I may be able to show up early, & I could also bring some yeast buckets. 1.2 litres of WLP800 slurry would kick that cube of Schwarz along nicely.
Cheers
Gerard

I may be able to show up early, & I could also bring some yeast buckets. 1.2 litres of WLP800 slurry would kick that cube of Schwarz along nicely.
Cheers
Gerard

And here's me thinking I have to pick some LDME for a starter sometime this week. Would be great to have you on board Gerard, PM me for details.
Better bring a vessel for your yeast kids!!!!!

Yeah about then Luke but yes barls will have the grain!!!!

Also all are welcome, would be great to see some Inner Sydney types who frequent AHB along if you are keen.

Cheers,

Gav.

I'd be interested in coming, though no cube.

Great. Just bring along yourself (and some beers) and a fine day will result. :party:

Fantastic, Gerard. Would love to give that yeast a go. And hope to have a chat with you at some point as well. :icon_cheers:

If I don't make the journey, I will get the yeast buckets over to Barl's place on Fri night or very early Sat morn
Cheers
Gerard

I'm not sure you'll want some of my lowly kit beer but I'll bring some anyway.

I'm not sure you'll want some of my lowly kit beer but I'll bring some anyway.

Bring it along KP. The best thing you'll get is friendly critique on your brews. And BTW we all started somewhere, by and large with kit brews, nothing wrong with sticking with that if that's where you're at.

Bring it along KP. The best thing you'll get is friendly critique on your brews. And BTW we all started somewhere, by and large with kit brews, nothing wrong with sticking with that if that's where you're at.

Nah, leave it at home and drink what's on tap at Flops ! :icon_drunk: Just kidding, take along and compare your stuff to others and do so to LEARN not to be embarassed.

The best way to learn about brewing KP is to watch these blokes brew and ask how, why and when questions. They are great brewers with the exception of Barls fruit beers ! You'll learn more there in a few hours than a lifetime reading a book !

Wish I could be there :beer:

looks like I'll have to work, which sucks I was keen on a few beers.

Never fear I'll work out a way to deliver the hops.

This looks like fun - sounds like I'm too late to bring a cube along, but if you are happy to have a newbie interloper coming along for a while with some beer (my first trys at extracts and AG) to critique, then I'd like to be there.

Latest posts

Back