Isb Big Brew Day

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Are you coming on 5th May?

• S$%T Yeah!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Prolly - just gotta check if I can get a leave pass

• Nah got other stuff lined up

• Total voters
Ahem,.... if any of you want a break from activities on Sat. you're more than welcome to join me, 500 odd m from Phil's place down Brighton Ave. teaching 60 odd 5 - 9 year olds the great game of Australian Rules (I'm looking at you Barra) :) :)

Otherwise I'll try and pop away for half and hour or so and see how you're going.

Just a thought everyone. This might be a good time to calibrate our thermometers. If everyone brings along the thermometers they use to test mash (or water) temps then we can see how well they agree and maybe correct a few (probably including mine :unsure: ).

Sure that's wise, Gav. Remember what happened last time you popped in to one of Phil's big brew days. :p

Sure that's wise, Gav. Remember what happened last time you popped in to one of Phil's big brew days. :p

Well, this is a little bit scary.......... as soon as I posted on this thread I get a call from the wife, boy is injured at school sport, not sure how bad, it's a wrist. An hour later @ the docs, x-rays required, half an hour later @ x-ray we have ourselves a greenstick on the wrist and it's off to Cantebury Hospital yet again!!!!!!

Well, this is a little bit scary.......... as soon as I posted on this thread I get a call from the wife, boy is injured at school sport, not sure how bad, it's a wrist. An hour later @ the docs, x-rays required, half an hour later @ x-ray we have ourselves a greenstick on the wrist and it's off to Cantebury Hospital yet again!!!!!!

:eek: :blink:

Sh*t. Amazing. The power of ISB. Seems like brewing and family don't mix. :lol:

Hope it's not too bad a break.

Ahem,.... if any of you want a break from activities on Sat. you're more than welcome to join me, 500 odd m from Phil's place down Brighton Ave. teaching 60 odd 5 - 9 year olds the great game of Australian Rules (I'm looking at you Barra) :) :)

Otherwise I'll try and pop away for half and hour or so and see how you're going.

funnily enough gav , i was reading this thinking (before i saw my name) does any one other than me (and you of course)
give two knobs of crow shit about the best game in the country ??...
sorry to hear about another trip to the hospital though ....

good gear bug man , if i dont already know you , youll have to introduce yourself on saturday, if i do know you im not putting you and you onscreen name together....

Gav,

does this mean you're now free on Saturday & be able to drop in? :D :ph34r:

Sorry i just realised you're in a position of responsibility which extends beyond the immediate family. :unsure: Anyway hope to see you if you can.

Gav,

does this mean you're now free on Saturday & be able to drop in? :D :ph34r:

Sorry i just realised you're in a position of responsibility which extends beyond the immediate family. :unsure: Anyway hope to see you if you can.

And the other two lads are still healthy and will be doing their duty for the team Sat. morning. Still hoping to drop in though.

Gav.

does anyone have a spare cube i could borrow, both of mine are full at present and i dont see me having the time to empty them before tomorrows proceedings ....

sure, spare cube for the afl luvver. might need a clean thou :)

Cheers guys for the good day and the good brew. I still can't believe that the MOAM (Mother of All Mashtuns) survived and produced a pretty good efficiency. Hopefully that wood will provide some extra flavour :)

Looking forward to the pictures being up!

60kg of grain in a single batch...

Yep, as always a great ISB brewday/meet , well done to the recipe creators and those involved in getting it all together ,other brew organisations will be wanting to hire that mega tun im sure ....

looking forward to the next one already !!!

oh and does anyone know where i can get a few grams of armarillo hops LOL !!!! (last time i promise)

Highlights of the day.

image_00004.jpg

image_00005.jpg

image_00007.jpg

Nice gumboots Redbeard :huh:

Great Big Brew Day. Big thanks to Phil and co for hosting the day. Everything went well. Vast quantities of wort made, brewing chat done, brewing timers stuffed up, and of course beer drunk. :p

Yep, Craig's boots definitely were the highlight of the day, although La Chouffe so easily could have been. :lol: :ph34r:

60kgs of grain done and dusted. To good fermentations, gentlemen. :beerbang:

Nice gumboots Redbeard :huh:

regardless of the look they were proven to be a good thing when someone wearing thongs was jumping around like a grasshopper in a mortien factory when he forgot to close the tap on his cube and sent boiling wort towards his toes .....

Latest posts

Back