Isb Big Brew Day

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Are you coming on 5th May?

• S$%T Yeah!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Prolly - just gotta check if I can get a leave pass

• Nah got other stuff lined up

• Total voters
Guys I'll be comming to this meeting, I am sure that stusters desperate to get rid of that 62.5kg's of grain his been hanging on for me..... - Sorry Stu!

And DJR have all the hops came in yet?

Cheers guys.

That was about 6 weeks ago they came in - still in the freezer, i'll bring them on the day

No worries mate.

Also does anyone have a couple of kilo's of Carapilse they'd be interested in trading or selling?

G'day ISB fellas,

Are newbies welcome to these gatherings? If so, anything I can bring?

Thanks in advance,

Ernie

G'day ISB fellas,

Are newbies welcome to these gatherings? If so, anything I can bring?

Thanks in advance,

Ernie

Definitely welcome. No need to bring anything, except beer. :beer: :party:

Guys,

Got the monsta tun sorted yesterday!!!!! :D :super: :D Stu it seems to "only" leave 8l as deadspace but I got almost 5l more out by tipping it up. Dunno if I'll attempt that with almost 60kg of grain :eek:

Ernie G come on down. Just bring some brews, If you don't have any of your own that you wanna share or get feedback on, bring something nice either from a domestic micro or some foreign "craft"/traditional brew. There are food joints around the corner for when we get hungry.

If you haven't got the address PM me or look it up on the big brewday site (site#187)

I reckon we kickoff about 11 like we did last time. I'll be putting some water on before that so we have it ready to go.

Crozdog

I've bought a pack of wyeast 1388 & will get it going on the stir plate ready for the weekend. If anyone wants some if you could contribute a $ or so it will split the cost between us.

It will work well for both the Golden Strong/tripple & the blonde. Here is what Wyeast say:

1388 Belgian Strong Ale Yeast. Classic yeast for style. Robust flavor profile with moderate to high alcohol tolerance. Fruity nose and palate, dry, tart finish. Flocculation - low; apparent attenuation
73-77%. (65-75 F, 18-24 C)

Let me know who wants some.

Thanks Crozdog

Crozdog, I wouldnt mind some yeast.

on second thoughts mind just fermenting my 20L and I'll be round to keg it in a few weeks ;) /joke

I was thinking of doing my Golden Strong Ale with some Edinburgh ale yeast - WY1728 or WLP028. Supposedly Duvel started out using that yeast, McEwan's strain. Will be good to compare the finished product. Anyone want some of that if i get some?

Crozdog,

I'll go some yeast too. I'll pay $$.

Guys, I am bringing along a friend from Canberra to check out some AG brewing.

EB

Crozdog, I wouldnt mind some yeast.

on second thoughts mind just fermenting my 20L and I'll be round to keg it in a few weeks ;) /joke

You should be aware that I not only charge a lot for value adding activities like fermentation, but I have a high taxation rate as well :eek: B) By the time you came round to keg, you'd probably only need a 9l keg :lol:

look forward to seeing you there

i could go some yeast mate looking forward to seeing you there, ill even bring some beer

Guys how much will the cube set me back just so I know how much to have on me?

Cheers.

Ben, still working on the exact cost etc etc, but it should be under $15. :D

You getting a yeast too? If you (or anybody else) wants some 1388 yeast, drop Crozdog a pm and for a buck or two some beautiful Duvel yeast will be yours. :rolleyes:

Will do mate, havent got any suitable yeasts so will have to grab one as I want the belgium to be all that it can be. - "Just Married"

ill take some yeast if there still some available philip , do we need any equpment for the day i can assist with a 50 litre mash tun and a 50 litre boiling pot if needed, my burners owner needed it back so i cant help on that front *LOL*

Ned,

no worries about yeast.

Between Stu, Craig & myself I think we've got pots & burners sorted.

See you on Saturday

i figured youd be right for cooking impliments, but it never hurts to asks ...

OK see you down there early on Sat. Got my Scottish yeast going crazy on the stirplate last night. Must remember to do a scotch ale and use up my Peated malt ;)

For the benefit of others i'm giving away some yeast samples that are taking up space in my fridge door. Going cheap (free). One each of only...

Wyeast 2565 Kolsch - Philip
Wyeast 1728 Scottish - Mike
WLP036 Dusseldorf Alt
Wyeast Pacman/US56 blend - Luke
WLP565 Saison

Sorry Philip, no WLP036/US56 blend this time, hope you propagated some yourself :chug:

OK see you down there early on Sat. Got my Scottish yeast going crazy on the stirplate last night. Must remember to do a scotch ale and use up my Peated malt ;)

For the benefit of others i'm giving away some yeast samples that are taking up space in my fridge door. Going cheap (free). One each of only...

Wyeast 2565 Kolsch
Wyeast 1728 Scottish
WLP036 Dusseldorf Alt
Wyeast Pacman/US56 blend
WLP565 Saison

Sorry Philip, no WLP036/US56 blend this time, hope you propagated some yourself :chug:

Hi Ben,

yeah I have some of that 36/56 blend - Yum! Can I put my dibs on the 2565? I've been wanting to do a Kolsch for a while.

I have Octoberfest, Southern German Larger & a few others if anyone is interested.

I want to mash in about 11, so anyone who has gear or wants to help crush nearly 60kg grain, come over around 10. I'm going to put water on to heat about 9:30 to ensure we have plenty ready to go.

Latest posts

Back