Interest In Melb Grain Bulk Buy?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Maple

Talkin' bout a Rye-volution
Reaction score
Not sure how everyone is sitting with regards to grain quantities, but I could use a top-up. Just wanted to gather interest in setting up another Vic quantity purchase. If there is significant interest here, I am happy to approach one of our site sponsors to see if they would be willing to 'assist' with our purchase. I believe this has worked well in the past, and will put my hand up to organize from the AHB side if there is enough interest.

good man maple. ive been keping an eye out for a grain bb. I can asssist with the organisation of the bb if you want.

Id be in to start to my AG stocks. I recon 100kg would be a good point to start up my stocks? + speciality grian.

yep... am interested... just told the missus on the weekend that I was hoping one of these would come along. I would probably be up for a few sacks of various base malts.

Brendo

Yep.
Put me down for participating.

John from G&G was impressed with how the last one went so maybe they would help once again.

That was the thinking behind it Reg. Keep it local, and provides the opportunity to pick up some other gear whilst we are picking up the grain.

Figured I better get a feel for whether or not we have the interest before approaching anyone about this, as it may not even get off the ground.

I'm in for 3-4 bags probably. Been waiting for this to come along.

Yep i need to top up with a couple of bags as well

Definately interested. Haysie put together a great one last year. Been watching the other state's recent buys with twinges of jealousy!

Count me in if we get it happening :)

Hopper.

Edit - If we're talking quantities, 3-4.

Im up for 3-4 bags (base malts running low)

I know gava needs some bulk grain as well so could be 2 brewers from Bendigo this time

I'd be in for this. I think. How many kg's in a bag?

I try and use the JW local grain where I can. Are we looking at imported or local? Or both?

Keeps for quite a while PB, it's uncrushed, and if you keep in in a sealed container with a relatively low amount of humidity, it'll store for a long time. I've had (small amounts) for a year, and came up fine, but suggest everything is always best fresh.

ages if kept dry, cool and unmilled. But it ius usual prwcxtise to split bags if need be. we just order in whole bags.

consider though most ag recipes cal for ~4kf grain or more so thats 6 brews

ages if kept dry, cool and unmilled. But it ius usual prwcxtise to split bags if need be. we just order in whole bags.

consider though most ag recipes cal for ~4kf grain or more so thats 6 brews

Thanks Maple and CM.

Sounds good. Looks like I'll need a mill & some scales. Better read up about those.

Im interested...

EDIT: first time bulk buyer, not sure how many bags ill need.. maybe 3 to 4..

Back