Inter-"national Homebrew Day (big Brew) May 3, 2008"

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1. Linz
2. Little Squares
3. Franko
4. Slurpdog
5. Kabooby
6. Lagers
7. Crozdog
8. Mikem108
9. Redbeard
10. Stuster
11. OldBugman
12. Bernd
13. Hogan
14.Adrian
15. barls
16. EB

Bernd is out. The ******* will be over in germany sucking back a few beers. Though I'm sure he'd be up for a cube if we have the #s.

Please correct me if I am wrong but I am led to believe that the lessee of the premises at Bankstown where Gary was to accommodate the BBD has pulled the permission plug and it will not be happening.

If there is a new venue I don't know where it is.

Cheers, Hoges.

That's exactly right, Hogan. Liability issues beyond Gary's control. :angry:

So crozdog has kindly volunteered his place in Croydon Park as the venue. I'm sure he'll let you know the address if you drop him a pm. Grains and hops all organised. Should be about $10-12 a cube, enormous mash tuns and a few beers (for research purposes only of course :lol: ).

How many cubes are we now talking? Will there be enough for everyone?

Kabooby :)

Should be (just) enough for 20 cubes. Just make sure yours isn't the last one. :ph34r:

Actually, I think we should cap it at 18 (if we get there) to make sure we do have enough to go round. Looking at 2 bags of ale malt and 3.5kg crystal. :party:

That's exactly right, Hogan. Liability issues beyond Gary's control. :angry:

So crozdog has kindly volunteered his place in Croydon Park as the venue. I'm sure he'll let you know the address if you drop him a pm. Grains and hops all organised. Should be about $10-12 a cube, enormous mash tuns and a few beers (for research purposes only of course :lol: ).

As Stu says, venue is at my place instead of Garry's. Does anyone have a 100+l kettle they could bring? I have a 100l + a 180l, but we need another for the anticipated 300L (need some head room after all :rolleyes: )

Apart from that, it's pretty well all set. Bring some brews, a good attitude and a 15l cube (we want to standardise on cube size so it's fair to all). We can gt lunch from the variety of take aways around the corner.

PM me for my details if you need em.

Crozdog

As Stu says, venue is at my place instead of Garry's. Does anyone have a 100+l kettle they could bring? I have a 100l + a 180l, but we need another for the anticipated 300L (need some head room after all :rolleyes: )

Apart from that, it's pretty well all set. Bring some brews, a good attitude and a 15l cube (we want to standardise on cube size so it's fair to all). We can gt lunch from the variety of take aways around the corner.

PM me for my details if you need em.

Crozdog

Will be in Bulli that day. If I hear an explosion and see smoke to the north, I'll say a prayer for all of you !!!

God bless you and all who brew with you.

can bring my 120l alu. 'spose u need a burner too ? might drop them off a day or so before ...

need any more things? like burners? urns?

I can bring a 40L urn, 20L urn (though both dont actually hold that)
Nasa.

im offering the same thing. ive got a 70L pot and a burner to go with it if we need it

Can I come :unsure: Pumpy :)

1. Linz
2. Little Squares
3. Franko
4. Slurpdog
5. Kabooby
6. Lagers
7. Crozdog
8. Mikem108
9. Redbeard
10. Stuster
11. OldBugman
12. Bernd
13. Hogan
14.Adrian
15. barls
16. EB
17. Pumpy

1. Linz
2. Little Squares
3. Franko
4. Slurpdog
5. Kabooby
6. Lagers
7. Crozdog
8. Mikem108
9. Redbeard
10. Stuster
11. OldBugman
12. Bernd
13. Hogan
14.Adrian
15. barls
16. EB
17. Pumpy
18. beernography

That's probably enough cubes or we're going to end up short on the last one (sorry again mr. redbeard). If everything runs well on the day, we might end up with a couple more, but let's close it there to be on the safe side. :D

You're welcome to my 100 litre kettle and burner if you want guys but someone'll have to come and get it. I've been laid up for 2 weeks now with a virus that's attacking my joints and muscles leaving me pretty much stuck to the couch all day. Doc. says I've got 2 more weeks of it as well. :( I had Chicken Pox a few years ago but at least that was over and done with in a 10 days.

2 weeks to live ey...

Dibs on your kegs when you pass on to the other side.

*** begins to circle like a vulture.****

Sounds terrible, Gav. (not that a few weeks lying on the couch all day really sounds that bad :p ). Get well. :)

(Oh, and what about all those hops you have? No use for them now I guess with only two weeks left. :lol: )

Latest posts

Back