Inter-"national Homebrew Day (big Brew) May 3, 2008"

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mash temp was 69C, Linz, so that yeast might work very well. I'm using the Landlord yeast which appears to have fired up ok from 18 months ago. B)

Not too sure how "old" the yeast is but I'll put in on the stir plate and see what happens

Pumpy and I are going to use Whitelabs WLP005 British Ale

Its on a starter as we speak

Franko

Hi guys,

I had a great day on Saturday, always good to meet up with old friends and make some new ones. Glad to hear you all had a good day.

I've posted pics of the day in my Gallery. Here are the before and after shots

most_of_the_gear.JPG
most_of_the_cubes.JPG

A big thanks to Stuster for not only ordering the grain and hops but doing most of the work on the day, without your help it wouldn't have run so smoothly! :beer: :super: Sorry about not being able to help too much cause of the flu (which i'm still recovering from).

Thanks to whoever left beers, I'm sure I'll enjoy em when I can taste things

So what are we making next? B) Who has the 500l pot? :lol:

Crozdog

Great day Crozdog.

Many thanks to the Crozdog household for putting up with the hordes of beer lovers descending on them for the day.

Cheers to you and Stuster for doing the hard yards. Great to catch up with the rest of the gang

Shonky

i think some of those beers left were from me. mate enjoy them.
so whens the next one and what is it?

great to see another fine effort from the ISB boys along with some other recruits .... what was the total output this year ???? did you beat last years quantity ?

About 310L of 1048 wort post-boil, Barra. Not as much grain as last year though, with a paltry 53kgs being mashed. :( :D

Looks like everyone had a good day. We ended up flying out on Saturday after our flight was cancelled for Sunday, so there is no way I could of made it.

Might have to hit up some of the boys for a sample, been drinking Fiji bitter for a week :(

Kabooby :)

Latest posts

Back