Inter-"national Homebrew Day (big Brew) May 3, 2008"

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
waiting on the official recipe...

ingredients will be supplied at cost along with cubes and hopefully a snag sizzle(but with top line chefs around, sushi my be on the menu too)...so just cash is needed on the day

WTFN? (aka Why The F... Not?)

im in so long as swmbo doesnt have anything planned and work doesnt interfer

im in so long as swmbo doesnt have anything planned and work doesnt interfer

those work people seem to have a habit of spoilin your fun dont they barls ,

expect to see a 500ltr plus haul this year gents after last years effort by the ISB crew i think this is well within the realms of possibility ....

Sorry to butt into your thread - but the official recipes are up.

http://www.beertown.org/events/bigbrew/recipes.html

Interesting to see that Chiswick Bitter was a big favourite of MJ. Was also my pint of choice at my local when I lived in West London. Really tempted to brew this at home on the 3rd of May.

Maybe we should start a poll.

Anyway my vote is for the Chiswick bitter. You have got to love the Fullers beers and I am not a big fan of blondes either. More of a brunette man :p

Anyway my vote is for the Chiswick bitter. You have got to love the Fullers beers and I am not a big fan of blondes either. More of a brunette man :p

Just to quickly butt-in again - Chiswick bitter is a very pale beer. It's low-abv (3.4? IIRC), light in colour, big in hop flavour and very, very quaffable. I remember meeting up with Insight at a Fullers pub one late morning to watch the football, we didn't leave till a bit before close! It's a wonderful session beer.

edit - Just been having a look at the recipe again. Kind of disappointing, but looks like they've upped the OG in that recipe to cater to US tastes. It should be more like 1.038 IMO.

+ 1 for the CB.

Cheers, Hoges.

Linz
Little Squares
Franko
Slurpdog
Kabooby
Lagers
Crozdog
Mikem108
Redbeard
Stuster
OldBugman
Bernd
Hogan
Adrian

+1 for MJs bitter.

I think we'll be making concentrated wort packs. So you can either dilute or not.

Just to quickly butt-in again - Chiswick bitter is a very pale beer. It's low-abv (3.4? IIRC), light in colour, big in hop flavour and very, very quaffable. I remember meeting up with Insight at a Fullers pub one late morning to watch the football, we didn't leave till a bit before close! It's a wonderful session beer.

edit - Just been having a look at the recipe again. Kind of disappointing, but looks like they've upped the OG in that recipe to cater to US tastes. It should be more like 1.038 IMO.

Interesting that you say it's a very pale beer. Plugging that recipe into Beersmith gives a 16EBC beer. The recipe calls for 120L crystal which seems on the dark side. What do you think, kook?

Oh, and definitely prefer the Chiswick bitter. :chug:

Interesting that you say it's a very pale beer. Plugging that recipe into Beersmith gives a 16EBC beer. The recipe calls for 120L crystal which seems on the dark side. What do you think, kook?

Oh, and definitely prefer the Chiswick bitter. :chug:

I had another look over my tasting notes, and pictures on the fullers website. It is darker than I remember, though its still reasonably pale. Think deep gold in colour.

Linz
Little Squares
Franko
Slurpdog
Kabooby
Lagers
Crozdog
Mikem108
Redbeard
Stuster
OldBugman
Bernd
Hogan
Adrian
you missed me on that list mate

Linz
Little Squares
Franko
Slurpdog
Kabooby
Lagers
Crozdog
Mikem108
Redbeard
Stuster
OldBugman
Bernd
Hogan
Adrian
barls

1. Linz
2. Little Squares
3. Franko
4. Slurpdog
5. Kabooby
6. Lagers
7. Crozdog
8. Mikem108
9. Redbeard
10. Stuster
11. OldBugman
12. Bernd
13. Hogan
14.Adrian
15. barls

Added numbers to make it easier to see how many we have

1. Linz
2. Little Squares
3. Franko
4. Slurpdog
5. Kabooby
6. Lagers
7. Crozdog
8. Mikem108
9. Redbeard
10. Stuster
11. OldBugman
12. Bernd
13. Hogan
14.Adrian
15. barls
16. EB

Just glad it is on a day I actually have free. Very low on beer...feeling weak...

Latest posts

Back