Ingredients

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Guvner77

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have been all grain brewing since late last year, now that I have a few mates on board I was looking into where everybody buys there ingredients from.
Grain, yeast, hops etc.

Local home brew shops. Depends where you are mate, I'm in Sydney and I buy from The Hop and Grain. Five times as close to my home as anywhere else and a helpful bunch. If you're in Darwin they might not be your best bet though...

Also bulk grain buys on this forum are good to get involved in if you've got room to store a 25kg sack of grain or two.

+1 for the bulk buys. Very good to get cheap grain and they are fairly regular in BNE.

Love craftbrewer when I lived in Brissie, especially if I was just looking for smaller amounts of stuff. Hops are pretty good priced too.

If you really like hops, you could get larger amounts from hopdealzaustralia.

Either way, there's more than enough retailers and sponsors here that will fix you up either in shop or online.

I usually use bulk buys for grain, ebay or site retailers for stainless and other plumbing parts (LHBS does not stock), my LHBS for any spec grain, yeast, hops, gas refills and a good yarn.

When I first started it was 100% my LHBS (wider selection of kits)

Something you cannot buy that you will get at your LHBS is advice, even though his prices are higher than elsewhere I still support mine where I can - with the homebrew supply industry getting more competitive and online stores popping up every week the storefront guys are feeling it - and when they are gone they are not usually replaced.

Support your LHBS

Craftbrewer has easily the best range of spec malts as well.

And a trick I found if you are buying from them for non bulk buy stuff is grab 5kg of your favourite specs, it drops $1/kg from the price.

It looks like you're already all over it though!

I find CraftBrewer good for the specialty gear but a bit expensive, I'm getting sacks of grain from a local brewer $10-$20 cheaper.
Does anybody use a online site for hops & yeast, does the freight component make it the same price?

Latest posts

Back