Infection Photo Thread

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
idzy said:
Listening to some episodes of the Sour Hour with Jay from Rare Barrel, he has had guests say they clean with steam/boiling water, rinse and then put a brew in. Not sure I would be that game.

Having said that they put a mix of citric acid and star-sany equiv into their barrels to clean/keep them.

Just a thought.
good thought

I'd take to the barrel with an axe, split it then dry it out. Scrape off any obvious nasties, then use pieces of that wood for BBQ smoking.

Get yourself something less filthy for beer.

Half wine barrels make great vege boxes (also perfect size for growing hops!). No slugs or snails... could be that they're up on castors, but still. Alternate option to cremation.

Nah, who am I kidding. BURN IT!

^i like to think i'm open minded and the promise of fire, well, we all like fire - just not when it's my ******* barrel that's on fire Stu

I did a brew with the clean looking white winey liquid I pulled from it (100ltrs of 225ltrs was pulled)
it was boiled and the cooled for the mash and then boiled for 90 in the kettle
cooled and pitched a huge amount of yeast slurry (the abv is 8% or so)

will I get botulism?

droid said:
will I get botulism?
If you do, I have a cunning plan. Botulism is in demand by vain people and they pay good $ for it by the mL. Now, Yob should be able to hook you up with a source for good syringes, the rest is just a matter of marketing and distribution. Profit!

Never had this happen before. Have I got my first infection?

Noticed it just before I CC.

IMG_2048.JPG

I always leave for 14 days days and check gravity is stable before CC.

Ive never had this happen before, I bought a second hand FV so I thought that may have been the issue.

Cheers for the response guys.

This thread always reminds me of the cop in

Last edited by a moderator:
Howdy,

Not sure what this white ring is. It tasted fine out of the fermenter so I have kegged the beer. Everything else seemed normal.

Any idea what it could be?

Thanks

mPD978h.jpg

This one got a dose of something nasty.
I tipped it, smelled like poop. ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1467063260.104829.jpg

Latest posts

Back