Icebanks?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wealsy22

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I've been looking to buy an icebank system for home and have a few questions..

I've found the Icemaster which sells at Keg King for around $800 and the only other one I could find was the Rio series from Andale and the price difference is substantial.
Does anyone know anything about the Icemaster? Or where I cold possibly find second hand units? I'm not really finding too much on google and within the price range I'd like..

Cheers

got a quote for a glycol chiller from lancer $8700 or something like that not cheap. I did buy a $900 one from ebay turned out it had ducati start/run caps, embraco compressor, good quality components, build quality is average but it was eastern european not chinese.

There is a lot of difference between an "Ice Bank" and a "Glycol System" try very hard not to confuse the two and never put glycol in an Ice Bank, it really stops them working the way they are designed to.
Most older and less expensive systems will be Ice Bank, if you got quoted only $8700 for a Glycol, it must have been a tiddler, they get very expensive very fast as the number of taps and the run length increases.

I do know the Rio system and they are extremely good units but as you say at a price. and as the old saying goes "You get what you...
Mark

Ah ok, defiantly looking at the icebanks. If anyone has any sources as to second hand or other models that would be great.

cheers

Hiya,

I have an icebank that I bought and did up a year or so ago. It is sitting in the garage supporting a crate of brew stuff. I think it is a 4 product unit.

Latest posts

Back