I brewed something evil

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mongey

Reaction score
a couple months ago I brewed a ESB fresh wort kit of a dark belgian dubbel . It was a weird ferement . got weird readings all the way through. an OG of 1.076 which was supposed to be 1. 062 . but 4 weeks in the fermenter and finally eneded up with an FG a little high at 1.018 , was supposed to be 1.012 on the website .

so its been in the bottles 3 and a bit weeks now and I have been having a few this week . its turned out pretty nice and tasty . a little sweet with the high FG but I like chimay blue which is a dark dubbel as well and thats pretty sweet . all in all its more than drinkable .its only a single longneck a night type of thing but its good

expect it has an evil quality. it makes me do the most rank farts I have ever done in my life . At first it was funny but know I think my wife may chuck it out while I'm not home .I farted on the bus yestedray morning after a longneck the night before and people were sticking their faces out the window while I was looking round with a "who did that? " face

compared to my other 3 brews I have done there is bugger all yeast in the bottom of the bottles,pretty much none , so its not super yeasty

Is this something that could clear up with time in the bottles or have I brewed evil fart juice ?

HAHAHA! Cheers for making my morning! :lol:
I have only brewed one beer, an Amarillo Pale Ale, that has done this to me, not sure it was the beer itself or the fact that my soon to be brother in law (it was a brew for my sisters wedding) laid all the battles on their side in the fridge. we got stuck into them that night and the next morning alittle drunk still and dropping the most powerful farts ever in a tiny little shack with kids and the wife.
I wasn't very popular that morning.
everyone else that was drinking with us all had the same thing.

Embrace the power. Do not be afraid. You are not the one who needs to fear. Behold: the mystery.

Brilliant! You need to call this beer "Dog Fart Belgian" and keep away from naked flames after drinking.

I'm no expert, but I have had similar experiences. What I think is happening is your gut is breaking down the fermentable sugars that the yeast did not. Therefore your bung hole is is acting like the bubbling air lock on top of the fermenter.

This won't clear up. You have created evil fart juice.

thanks all

I'll persist drinking it till the missues really cracks it

then I'll stash some away for when I want to annoy her

our first baby is due Jaurary so I can blame the baby then

So you're that dude, the 1 that farts on buses, planes etc...

Go to your local supermarket and select the aisle with the most shoppers, wander through that aisle and release you love gas at will.

Great entertainment for all involved.

Perhaps you should be grateful, yeast gives some people diarrhoea! A fart here or there will never hurt anyone.

A good old fashioned crop dusting

Black Devil Dog said:
Go to your local supermarket and select the aisle with the most shoppers, wander through that aisle and release you love gas at will.

Great entertainment for all involved.

With me it's not so much the smell as the sound. Middle of the night farts are the loudest and most powerful I've ever known. The brass section of The London Philharmonic has got nothing on me.

I'm about to eat half a kilo of smoked pulled pork and coleslaw.

There will be evil gas.

Latest posts

Back