How To Brew Less Than 23l With A Kit?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
to get more bottles i just asked all my megaswilling mates to save theyre empties for me. in no time at all you will be wondering where to store them all and even better what to fill them with.

I have done this and am now in the situation where I have to tell them not to save any more for me.

Cheers
Gavo.

I'm a relative noob, but i counted the bottles of beer stored in my garage and spare room. Total = 164 bottles, most of them longnecks! Brew at 23L, bottle and store then brew again and keep on brewing. Take notes and label your beers so you know what you're drinking and how you made it. Leave them age for a couple of months. I've done 10 brews and have drunk about 4 of them (collectively).

Store your bottles at ambient temperature and top your fridge up with a few bottles at a time. Longnecks are the way to go for less hassle when it comes to priming and capping. Start saving your empty longnecks and get cracking!
i had 1100 coopers stubbies on the shelf all with different coloured caps for different brews before i started kegging , got rid of 500 so far

Attachments

• 20180716_173120.jpg
    20180716_173120.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 139
I hope you have ensured that your particular stubbies can be capped using a regular crown cap seal?

he's had 10 years to figure it out one way or another :p

What's with the necrophillia? So many necro threads being resurrected with useless posts.

Oops, just added to that. :D

You don't have to use all of the contents of the kit can.
I use a can of goop to make cultures for my liquid yeasts to grow up on the stirplate.
A can of goop lasts me about a year. I just reseal it with its lid, and it lives in the bottom of my fridge door with no problems.
If you are anal about getting the right amount of goop for your smaller batch, weigh an empty can, then a full one, and the difference is the content of the can.
Then simply use, say, 19/23rds of the can by weight of its contents if you want a 19 litre batch instead of 23 litres.

Latest posts

Back