How Old Are You? How Long Have You Been Hbing?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How old are you?

• under 20

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 20-30

• 30-40

• 40-50

• 50-60

• 60 and over

• Total voters

Started brewing/fermenting maybe 5 years ago? Might be 6, I'm not sure. Did a couple of kits, had a break, got back into it, found this forum then went through the whole gamut of extracts, partials and whatnot. Full mash brewing for the last couple of years I think.

35 years old (that does sound old)
First home brew was a brigalow kit in 1995 - it was farken awful.
Lots of kits and bits followed - they were pretty awful too.
First partial mash in 1996 - it was freaking awsome by the standards of the day (not real high to be honest)
A few more partial mashes followed, included the first use of Wyeast liquid yeast (remeber the old gold foil packs?)
Insert brewing hiatus here.
First all grain brew in 2001 - in combo with White Labs yeast its starting to come together.
Insert another brewing hiatus here.
Return to brewing in conjunction with keg ownership - now we are cooking with gas.
Just did all grain brew number 101 last weekend.
Needless to say - there have been a few mini-hiatus's in this period too. Why the **** do people insist on complicating our lives for us so we have no time for brewing?

Aw, missed out on the 10+ years by a matter of days. Scary. But that was kits 'n bits, doesn't really count.. compared to the AG, which I only got around to starting about 3.5 years ago.

22 (for a few more weeks)
Only been brewing since about march this year.
Did my first AG brew a couple of weeks back (BIAB) cant wait to taste it :chug:

i am torn on what poll option to pick - i am 30

my first brew was in 2006 - i remember it well - it was a coopers canadian blonde with a pack of BE2

i called it "fart in ya eye" coz when you popped one open it not only smelt like rotten eggs, it literally stung your eyes...i think it fermented too hot

my sanitation was A1 though :rolleyes:

Age 49, brewed k&k for about a year around 1990, then again for about a year 1993, both times probably just to save money. Now only brew because I want to, been doing AG for last 2 years, now making what I can proudly call 'beer'.

My daughter has some school homework on data and statistics, so I told her I would help out by running a poll on the age of members on this forum and how long youve been brewing for.

So please answer how old you are and how long you've been doing HB? Who knows one day she may be your company accountant for your micro brewery.. :icon_cheers:

Im 43 in Feb but been told I look under 40. My missus is older than me but she doesn't look a day over 30 (My avatar photo was only taken last Xmas) and she gets told that quite often. Her whole family is like that her dad is 70 and hes as fit as a 50 yr old.
Ive only been doing HB around 6 months as you can probably tell by the questions..LOL

im 53 been doing coopers kits for years till i come here now i knew better now all grain with a braumeister 20 ltr
tastes like manacle said like instant coffee compared with a proper one so fa so good loving allgrain :icon_chickcheers:
Drought

32 and brewing for 12 months, 1 month of that was sober.

Can you guess which month?

41. Brewing for 15.5 years.

33 years old
Got my first coopers kit for 18th bday

This is my third or fourth brewing period and *this* time I'm kegging *and* doing all grain!

I started building my kegerator while my wife was pregnant with our first child ;)

Guess what I finished while she was in the hospital ;)

**** off dickhead I'm 40 which puts ne into 2 catergories. I'm 30 -40 and 40 - 50. Good thing it aint rocket science or you would have blown your suburb up

don't want to get in the middle of anything, but holy ****! this cracked me up.

apart from that truman, i'm a useless brewer but a bachelor level statistician. if your daughter has a question about her project you can't answer, feel free to pm me and i'll try and help.

I am 39 ...

never really fitted i anywhere . Not a loser by any stretch of the imagination .. you know what I mean ??

I started brewing in the 90's .. did bad..now not so bad :)

Im 26, been lurking around these forums for around 2 years. Been brewing for around the same time.
Went through the motions, kit, kit&bit, extract, partials, tried BIAB (half assed attempt) and have recently built myself a HERMS unit.
Brewed my 7th beer on it tonight.
Really enjoying the brewing. I cant see myself giving this hobby up any time soon.

Im going to be one of the 60-70 range blokes in a few decades talking about the days we had forums, and the days we didnt need to filter out the radioactive particles from our brew water.

Mate

63 going on 64.

First brew was put down in 1973, but we won't count that.

Started the HB thing for real 5 years ago, after my daughter and son gave me a HB kit as a birthday present. Was into AG 6 months after the initial K & K brew (which was a horrible Munich Lager fermented at about 28C in mid summer). Was also briefly on the Grumpys forum before they pulled the pin on it. Remember the great thread about LCPA clones.
I brew as a retirement hobby, my consumption is a mere 1 longneck a day. My 63rd AG brew is about to be dropped to lagering temperatures, after 3 weeks at 10C.

Good luck to your daughter with her project Truman, hope she gets top marks.

Edit: Spelling

Almost 45.

first started,,, cant remember when, mid 80s but only a couple ok K&K brews here n there

stopped for a decade then said to SHMBO, pub booze is just to bloody dear

Result was spent some of my tax check on a keg set-up,(Bottling is a PITA) mid 2008, Still doin K&K with the occasional extract.
Next year will look into Biab brewing.

Ivan. :icon_cheers:

I'm 40, which puts me in the 30-40 not the 40-50 :lol:
Brewing 16years. Lot of K&K before going all grain. Was all grain b4 finding this forum, but didnt have enough knowledge on the hows and whys. So for a long time I was back and forth between Kits & bits and AG. Then FWK came out. Changed everything for me. Had to learn AG properly.

I'm 67

Started K&K about 8 years ago and then moved to AG about 4 years ago and have now moved onto a 20lt Braumeister 3 months ago

Cheers

Wobbly

Latest posts

Back