How Much Beer Do You Drink?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How many glasses of beer do you drink per night?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• 9 or more. (can you even read this)

• Total voters
SWMBO and I have decided to cut out Mon-Thur drinking and eating healthier from the start of the year for our wedding in October. Weekends are still free for all though..

I normally had 1-2 glasses a night during the week with an AFD thrown in on a monday for good measure, so cutting back during the week hasn't been an issue at all for me. Once I start heading away for work again though.. god dam. It gets boring out in the sticks and a beer in hand is some sweet, sweet company.

malt & barley blues said:
I would like to know if Truman has cut down on his intake or if his wife still has him down as an alcoholic, bearing in mind wives generally don't like to see their spouses enjoying themselves.
HAHA..Well I still drink around 2-3 beers a night. Or often just a 750 ml bottle.
She still sometimes says i drink too much then other times doesnt say a thing. The crux was when I told her that her bother and his wife both drink more than me. She didnt beleive me so asked them and they confirmed that they will share 1-2 bottles of wine or have a few scotches everynight or he will drink 4-5 beers most nights. That shut her up and she rarely mentions it now.
She wanted me to give up smoking and I did so shes happy with that.

Early on in my marriage I found its best not to drink too much in front of the wife when in mixed company, you might think nobody is noticing what your doing especially the wife.
We were at a wedding reception and I had cornered another female guest and was showing her my elephant impersonation, oblivious to anyone else, when my wife came over and poured someone else's cold beer over my trunk.

You mean you flopped out your johnson to said female guest, at a wedding reception? :blink: :lol: I'm surprised that wasn't your now ex-wife.

Two or three long necks arvo to early evening. Rarely after dinner. That's half from about six months ago. Weekends will be more due to the earlier start.

Stay off it Mon-Wed but if I have a new beer I'll have a couple. Thur and Friday I'll have 3 or 4 sometimes none. Weekends depends what's on, usually at least 2 or 3 sometimes lots sometimes none.

It feels like I drink to brew rather than brew to drink

At the moment, I'm trying to lose weight. I'm not overly fat but I just want to be in good shape again. I diet fairly strictly and for the moment that includes no beers on weekdays. When the weekend comes around I tend to cut loose and drink Friday night and Saturday/Sunday from arvo onwards. I would say at least 10 beers on the weekend.

Once I'm back to my ideal weight, I'd like to think I could maintain one beer a night :)

I tend to drink a (homebrewed PET) Longneck a day, half with lunch and half with evening.

None of the beer i have is anything big (<5.9%) Im going to assume 3 std drinks a long neck.. Thats 84 Std drinks a month...i get the feeling im gonna die.

My social habits have changed, no more 7-8 imperial pints (over 7 hours) for me. As i have told my friends, i don't do hangovers anymore and im useless to every human in existance if i have a hangover. Social drinks like that i must point out are generally on average a month between each other.

Drinking a longneck a day as stated above works well for me. THe effect wears off then later in the day i have a little more, then that wears off and i'm hangover free and able to work etc etc.

Sunday - Wed are AFD

Thurs might have 1-2
Fri & Sat at least 1-2, whatever I feel like. Mates place or night out might have 6-8

ATM Ive got too many swap beers and Lotto wins to stop drinking.. there are high expectations of everyone for me to drink more LOL

With the exception of the Christmas Break only Fri-Sat-Sun from Beer o'clock (4.00pm) onwards + if anyone rocks up during the week I'm not going to be stingy. :p
Just started on my Swap beers from Toowoomba (Apologies fellas) but am in the process of downsizing & need to empty kegs ATM.
:icon_offtopic:Couple of SS Perlick taps for sale ASAP + 2 x Cornies. Any interest, PM me before I put on the "For Sale" thread whatever.
Can deliver to Brissie if day is right.

I drink way too much but I've learned not to worry about the things in life you cannot change :p

Back