How Much Beer Do You Drink?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How many glasses of beer do you drink per night?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• 9 or more. (can you even read this)

• Total voters

Truman42

Reaction score
My missus seems to think Im becoming an alcoholic because I drink 1-3 glasses of beer a night. Ive tried telling her thats normal for a lot of guys I know and often they drink more but shes not buying it. So I decided to do a poll so I can prove it to her.
Please don't fudge your figures just so I can prove a point. I am really interested to know how much beer you drink per night.

Edit: To change poll choices slightly.

Edit: Again to change stubbies to glasses. We will assume a glass is 330ml worth so equal to one stubbie..

I only drink Fridays and Saturdays Truman and every niow and again on Sunday arvo until 6.00pm so can't help I'm afraid. I do drink a minimum of 15 Tallies a weekend though.

Not the same every night, sometimes none, most nights 1 or two, more on the weekends, let's just call it "several".

For me it varies night to night there might be a lot of nights where i have none. Then after footy I usually have 2, then on the weekend who knows when i stop but again some weekends i might not drink at all.
I thought I would start to drink more once i got kegs but this hasn't been the case, just more of my mates come over and drink for free.
Cheers Stu

NSW Health suggests no more than 2 a day on average.
http://www.health.gov.au/internet/alcohol/...ent/guide-adult

I don't drink through the week generally, just weekends and no more than 4 on any night.
But it hasn't always been that low.

Whatever works for you isn't it. Plus how dependant you are perhaps, no harm in taking a break once in a while.
Let the liver come up for some air.

Well im on Uni holidays at the moment, so Ill easily drink 3-5 pints. However, I don't drink every night either, perhaps only 3-5 nights a week.

When Im back at uni/work Usually only drink on weekends, or if I make pizza during the week :)

Generally depends on my schedule/if I'm sick of having something to drink. Generally tends to be a couple of nights a week where I have nothing or maybe one beer due to gigs being late (I always drive to the gigs I play). Other than that I pretty much drink how ever much I want. Sometimes it's very sensible, other times it's too much. It's probably not the healthiest way of living, but I value quality of life over a few more years of being old and boring.

I'm a very sporadic drinker. I'll go a month without drinking a single beer without even thinking about it. If I don't feel like one, I don't have one.

From time to time on a week night I'll have between 1 and 4 schooners. Some times I just feel like it.

If I'm actually drinking on purpose, like having a party or whatever, I'll drink a lot of beer.

I try and keep it down to a longneck per night with dinner, but then again it depends on whats happening. Some nights will be more some will be nothing.

My missus seems to think Im becoming an alcoholic because I drink 1-3 glasses of beer a night. Ive tried telling her thats normal for a lot of guys I know and often they drink more but shes not buying it. So I decided to do a poll so I can prove it to her.
Please don't fudge your figures just so I can prove a point. I am really interested to know how much beer you drink per night.

Edit: To change poll choices slightly.

Edit: Again to change stubbies to glasses. We will assume a glass is 330ml worth so equal to one stubbie..

I'll have 2-3 pints a night, but not every night, maybe 4 nights a week. Im trying to cut back a bit. My body type is the type where you look at a pie and gain weight, so i have to be careful about how much i drink and watch what i eat.

You really should have 3 AFD's a week IMHO, and im not a doctor!.

I switched from pints to middys recently, allows more trips to the kegerator

0-4 middys per week night, avg probably 2, which is a pint :)

middy = 285ml
pint = 570ml

I find it easy to have AFD's because I get multiple-day hangovers hahaha.

Generally don't drink unless i have worked up an appetite for beer. Sometimes il have one a night for 3 or 4 nights then nothing for a week.
Could be a long neck or a pint from the keg which i never usually fill up.

Things that give me an appetite for beer - the obvious one of physical workload, helps me relax. After or during brewing always wets the appetite.
I think there is a novelty factor with homebrew when you start producing decent beer that you enjoy, i guess for some this may level off or for some always be a novelty.
I say homebrew is good for you even if you have one a night.

Holy ****, i am only one of two voters who have said 6 a night.....think i'm probably the one with a problem.

I am a pretty big bloke though, and all macho bullshit aside, it's not uncommon for me to knock off 9-12 on any given weeknight (tues, wed,thurs, really doesn't matter to me...) and then rock up for work ready to go the next morning.

the only reason i chose 6, is because at the moment, my life is that hectic that work commitments are keeping me away from home a bit at night, therefore not allowing me to REGULARLY indulge like i was a few months ago. 6 is probably a fair average for me.

4-6, 330ml refills per night on average. More if I'm entertaining friends.

A lot of the time it's <4% beer. A while back I had a keg of IPA next to a keg of my Chimay Blue clone. I started getting hungover in the mornings.

But that's over a period from around 4pm to 11 pm ... so most of that time I'd be below 0.05 and could probably drive a car.

BTW - it's 4:09pm and I have a 200ml glass of Belgian Blonde in my sweaty hand as I type. Tastes like Wrigley's Juicyfruit gum.

juicy-fruit-first-barcodes__10769_zoom.jpg

3 on average. Being a shift worker, I don't drink much when I'm working. I don't try to make up on my days off, but if I want to have 6 beers, then I will. I used to be your typical binge drinker - no beer for a week or 2, and then - bammo - get hammered for 2 days. Don't do that any more.
Mrs LagerBomb is also a beer drinker, and we find it very therapeutic to sit down together after work and relax with a few beers and destress, chat etc. Maybe you can get you partner to enjoy a couple with you :party: ? It can lead to a great night sometimes " If you know what I mean"
Cheers
LagerBomb

Latest posts

Back