How Much Beer Do You Drink?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How many glasses of beer do you drink per night?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• 9 or more. (can you even read this)

• Total voters
I work rotating shift work.. so weekends don't mean a thing to me.. (Today my weekend started, Tomorrow I brew!)
I drink 8-12+ beers on my day off (330ml bottles) and love it! (and 6 or so after a dayshift)

No spirits, no drugs... just BEER!

I started brewing to save money..
Now I just love the beer and everything involved in it (except bottle cleaning)...

Probably in the minority, but if I don't go out on the weekend, then maybe a beer every two or three nights... hence why I'm doing 10L batches, they last long enough for me!

(Probably due to P Plates...)

Can't believe how much my drinking has changed in the last 12 months. Drinking far less, occasionally don't have a beer for a couple of days and almost never drink on consecutive days (the secret to drinking success that I've finally discovered). Maximum of 6 schooners and I'm preferring high alcohol beer and only drink at home. :blink:

Impossible to tell!

If I am in the thick of work I will drink 0 to 2 work nights a week, maybe 3-4 beers.

On the weekend I go between 0-40 standard drinks.

All depends on the occasion, work functions, family functions, etc

Summer I will drink more regularly, but drink less per sitting than winter.

I would say I am definitely in the alcoholic section if judged by the Australian Health Services (which allow 20 standard drinks per week for men. I would surpass that almost every week.)

I usually go 1-2 stubbies every other day. When looking to have a good time with friends and im not doing anything the next day ill pop a 6-pack over 12 hours. (and sleep at my mates, i sure as hell ain't drink driving)

1-6 stubbies = fun times. 8+ stubbies = hangover hell. It's a fine line between pleasure and pain. We've all crossed it once, and we'll do it again.

Whatever you do, don't try and explain to SWMBO

It's a fine, fine line between pleasure and pain.

usually about 3 schooners before dinner on weeknights, few extra's here and there on the weekend.

Usually about one standard drink a night... On the weekend, between 0-3... About every six months I might have a blow out and have 6-7 and get tiddly...

I mainly brew for the people around me in the Medieval Re-enactment group I'm in...

I can't remember if I've posted in this thread or not.

No more than two per evening during the week, but I have a couple AFDs in there. Friday, usually about 4 stubbies. Sat & Sun... SWMBO gets mad :ph34r:

Phillo said:
I can't remember if I've posted in this thread or not.

No more than two per evening during the week, but I have a couple AFDs in there. Friday, usually about 4 stubbies. Sat & Sun... SWMBO gets mad :ph34r:
The topic shows as a red star instead of a dot if you've posted in the thread.

l hold back during the week and then generally unleash on the weekend. Probably get through about 20 stubbies most weekends. Now that ive got it on tap, its getting harder not to drink it during the week

Years ago I'd rarely drink at home, but then drink 2-3 nights out at pubs, parties, etc. Wife and kids later, it's now mostly at home, and rarely out. My biggest issue is I like to drink until I sleep once I start. So I can have 0-2 drinks, as long as I don't start early, but if I start early, even a work night might turn into 6-8, which isn't good for me. Weekends is often 8-10 if at home. Early nights are usually when the wife wants some wine with dinner, which is sometimes just on the weekend, or more often recently 2-3 work nights too, meaning I'm having way too many 6-8 nights each week. I think we are both maxxed out over Christmas/New Years for food and drink, so I think the next few weeks will be pretty quiet, try to let my brews age a little.

My current weekly plan for beer consumption is around 10 long necks a week, and about 3-4 glasses of wine. That's pretty lean for me, but still pretty high for the population, so I hope to stick to that or less most of this year.

I have started this year by knocking out the mid week beers - too easy a trap to fall into, for me anyways.

Before, normally by Thursday I would have 2 or 3 beers after work but then slowly my mid week drinking crept to starting on Wed or even Tues. Then the weekends were whatever - often too much.

So my (very) new routine is no beers from Mon to Thursday - Fridays and Sat are a given and maybe a few Sunday arvo depending on how I feel. I have officially given up pints, they just send me silly it seems - so schooners or less (330ml or middies) are the go. Try and limit this to 5 on any session. This is at home drinking now I have kids. I keep a tally of how many I have too.

On a rare night out I may relax things more but who wants a hangover with 2 kids on the go!?

Usually a stubby a night. Two if I'm feeling pretty merry, but sometimes I just forget, so it all evens out. Drink a few pints on the weekend - between two to five. Probably evens out to about three. Mostly my family aren't drinkers, so I feel bit of a compulsion not to go off the deep end :)

probably too much. i bottle in longnecks as i can't be effed bottling 20L into stubbies. so i'll often have 1 or 2 every few days. weekend a lot more

I will drink whatever is in the fridge, so I don't tend to keep beer in there during the week. If it isn't in the fridge I'm generally not bothered to put one in there. My beer all lives in the garage, so for me it is a case of out of sight, out of mind. I generally pop a few in the fridge on Friday morning to get me through the weekend. Mind you, have been over indulging the last few weeks and I'm starting to feel it. Time for a breather I think.

JD

JDW81 said:
I will drink whatever is in the fridge, so I don't tend to keep beer in there during the week. If it isn't in the fridge I'm generally not bothered to put one in there. My beer all lives in the garage, so for me it is a case of out of sight, out of mind. I generally pop a few in the fridge on Friday morning to get me through the weekend. Mind you, have been over indulging the last few weeks and I'm starting to feel it. Time for a breather I think.

JD
very true mate, would serve me well to do this also...i just like having some in there for myself and for when friends pop by...if they don't...i get too tempted and have it myself!

I retired 18 months ago used to drink between 4 and 6 stubbies every night usually Guinness when I retired started drinking earlier and earlier started about 8.30 to 9.00am lasted for about a year now I am only drinking a couple of pints a night of generally around 4.5%.
I would like to know if Truman has cut down on his intake or if his wife still has him down as an alcoholic, bearing in mind wives generally don't like to see their spouses enjoying themselves.

Back