Hop Shortage - Anyone Experiencing It?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Perhaps an eye opener....or hop to it?

Classic Batz...loving the humor :D

EDIT: You may say that we shouldn't get...bitter...about it?

Yeah, got a hike a few weeks ago at the local. They only stock 60g and 12g packages though, so not a huge calamity. I bought some PoR pellets from ESB a few days ago and they racked up $24 for 500g. Seems exxy compared to what people were paying not 6 months ago.

- boingk

aka credit crisis and all the other cods wallop, doomsdayers always say die. Maybe all the homebrewing bankers are outta hops??

edit speeliiing

I'm still living off the hops I stock piled when rumours of the hop shortage began - be a while before I get through everything I've got here

Cheers
Smart move Cortez, because they arent going to get cheaper! Just store them well and you will save bucks.The big breweries are going to grab the lions share this year before any one gets what left.Thats how it goes.
GB

I'm still living off the hops I stock piled when rumours of the hop shortage began - be a while before I get through everything I've got here

Cheers

And I still have a lot as well ;)
Some they are charging bit $$$ for too

And I still have a lot as well ;)
Some they are charging bit $$$ for too
Just like fuel prices, over a barrel, pun intended.4WD with a 180 L tank, OOH that hurts.Still I pay :(
Who is actually making the money ? Grower, Multi national controllers,warehouse, retailer ? Its like every thing end user (Me and you pay) the most dollars.Its always been that way.I agree think ahead and get what you can at yesterdays price and sit on it.
GB

I dont see so much a shortage...... some varieties are hard to get but if you look around they can be found.

Its mainly the price hikes. To my seeing prices have roughly doubled to trippled in the last few years.

I remember base malt for $1/kg and hops for $3 or $4 per 100g

Powells malt for under $30.00 a bag

Packet of Trojans for under a dollar

woops..... wrong thread :unsure:

Yes yes , I remember when choc paddle pops were 10c

I Got plenty of trojans for Nix, Just send me your email addy and I will pass them on [FREE]. :lol:
GB

Hey, to go with these , you might need the old Bicycle tube repair kits that I have in the shed. Will swap for some hops :lol:

Grandad used to get sent out for a penny fish and a halfpenny chips when he was a kid. I gave up cigarettes when the bastards were going to put them up from three shillings and sixpence. Four shillings for a packet of smokes? No way :D

Grandad used to get sent out for a penny fish and a halfpenny chips when he was a kid. I gave up cigarettes when the bastards were going to put them up from three shillings and sixpence. Four shillings for a packet of smokes? No way :D

Good for you man. I only gave them up 14 years ago when the first daughter was born.
Thinking of taking them up again now that she is 14 :blink:

Luxury !
When I was a kid we lived in a wet paper bag in a septic tank

Back