NEIP ... L anyone?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yankinoz

Reaction score
A few breweries have come out with "New England India Pale Lagers," Two Birds, for one, as well as several US breweries. My first reaction was that it's a bad idea or a silly try at being trendy, but on second thought it might work if one uses pressure brewing. I can't and therefore cannot try it. Do any pressure brewers out there want to?

Important components of NEIPA flavour derive from the yeasts used, and lager yeasts won't do that,

But the monster fruity hop flavours of NEIPAs would be there in parallel with NEIPLs when they leave the fermenter. Trouble is that those flavours mostly do not survive a long traditional lagering (which from experience I'll gladly back over the one month is plenty claim). That's where pressure-fermenting might come in, by greatly reducing the needed lagering time.

Then there's haze to consider.

So much for speculation, has anyone tried pressure-brewing an NEIPL, or want to try it and invite me over to judge a pint or so?

Latest posts

Back