Hop Dealz Australia

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
got my package today! Thanks.

Thinking of a Columbus EKG IPA... Thoughts?

Hmmm, I rekon Columbus will drown EKG, depends on when you are using them and how much, but Columbus is pretty dominant as a hop.. Not a combination that jumps to mind but not at all saying it won't work in the right amounts...

English or American? Looks like you want a bit of a mongrel anyway?

hmm.. I was wanting to use Columbus late to get a nice dank character, which has been elusive in my previous attempts.
Maybe stick with columbus amarillo.

I'm in! First order placed. Looking forward to getting a bit over 1.5kg of hops in the post...

cant see Simcoe.....already gone?

EDIT -Disregard......reading an old post!

Got my hops and yeast in the post yesterday! That was quick!! The smell when I opened the auspost bag was amazing... :icon_drool2:

LorriSanga said:
How similar are Simcoe and Mosaic?
Well, they're sisters but thats about where the similarities end,

Simcoe is pine and resinous notes where mosaic is more fruity, they ate stunning together.

I usually try to balance fruit with pine Hops though...

I agree with Yob in that 2 hops are better than one. I like Simcoe over Mosaic but no hop by itself is great. Even Cascade can use some help. Get both, Simcoe and Mosaic. Use a bit of Chinook or Columbus as well....tastey. For a noob i think im getting there.?

Centennial also making an appearance now..

I really need to do an full inventory, I suspect there are more there that are split and not listed.

Cheers

Dunno mate, Im hoping my contract gets filled still.. I had a pretty decent amount early and didnt keep any for myself..

I should know next week ish if Im to get supplied locally or not. There are other options available to me but it aint pretty with the conversion rate and postage etc...

Hi Yob, thanks again for the prompt service mate! Cheers

Notice: Service Disruption

Im heading interstate on Saturday and returning Wednesday, so next weeks orders will be pretty tight. I will have a chance to pack and post for Thursdays run, but only to next day delivery suburbs.

Apologies, cant be helped.

Back