Hop Dealz Australia

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yob said:
Ha!! That's great! I just might do that Batz

Commission coming your way
Just a t-shirt thanks Yob.

Black t-shirt

Hop Dealz Australia

Picture of a couple of hop flowers.

I can't believe it's legal.

Got my order today. AU Cascade, Simcoe and Galaxy. Cheers for that.

First impression of the AU Cascade, is it is subdued and a tad skunky compared to the US Cascade. Going to up my dry hop to 50gm and for 3-4 days.

Simcoe I have never used, so will probably single hop with it. I think James from Basic Brewing has a decent recipe for this.

Galaxy...just because. Nuff said.

Drinking a Citra/Mosaic Pale Ale that had more Mosaic than Citra towards the end. I dry hopped overnight in the keg with Mosaic...maybe not long enough.
I get a pleasant, rounded stone-fruit aroma and the bitterness (35-38IBU and FWH'd some Mosaic) lingers just long enough. A little grassy, but seems to compliment the 20% wheat I have in this.
I did 10min and aroma additions. Maybe the FWH'ing added some grassiness?

Will use the rest of the Citra and Mosaic for sure, maybe in something with a more classic APA grist.

Khellendros13 said:
I did 10min and aroma additions. Maybe the FWH'ing added some grassiness?
Grassiness is always the dry hop in my experience, and only ever pops up in my brewery with Galaxy, Mosiac and Citra which pisses me off, 3 of the best aroma hops out there and they plague me with grassy beer.

Donske said:
Grassiness is always the dry hop in my experience, and only ever pops up in my brewery with Galaxy, Mosiac and Citra which pisses me off, 3 of the best aroma hops out there and they plague me with grassy beer.
Only keg hopped for 1 day, no dry hop in the fermenter :(

1 week of Galaxy in a beer I bottled a while ago and even after 3 months it was grass city.

Maybe it also the fact I am still working out a good sulphate/chloride ratio/ppm to make the hop flavour pop, without overdoing it. Starting in the low end.

Received my 5 Kilo parcel today from yob. Literally rolling in hops.

Yob said:
Next on the list to bring into the store next week..

Ahtanham
Liberty
Bravo

I keep on telling myself to stop.... but cant... where does it end? ;)
Got these today, and have a fresh batch of hallertau mittlefru, EKG and some spalt expected tmoz..

Looks like it will be a busy weekend indeed!!

Grand Final Weekend Special!!

running a coupon discount of 10% on all items. Add the coupon code below at checkout to apply the discount.

Coupon Code

AHBREWER

Effective immediately and ends Sunday Midnight.

:beer:

Snapped up some calypso helga and belle saison. I think I've got 5 packs now so I know what il be brewing through summer hahah

Really need to get some Amarillo - when do you get your hands on more Jess???

Pretty sure everybody on the planet is trying to get Amarillo. Isn't it US harvest season soon? Hopefully they've grown more to meet demand.

I am ordering 2kg's of it straight away...

slash22000 said:
Pretty sure everybody on the planet is trying to get Amarillo. Isn't it US harvest season soon? Hopefully they've grown more to meet demand.
Partly underway? Mid october, should have Amarillo by November

I should have a certain amount of the coming season Amarillo, Ive been able to contract a 'certain' amount (more than I had this year) but I can surely bet that it wont last the full season.. I went through the 10kg I got this year like it was nothing. I personally ended up with less than many of the people that bought some from me too, not that I minded, Ive had less time to brew and also have been experimenting with new hops so better it goes to folks using it.

I already miss the NickJD Conspiracy theory that should fill the next post :ph34r:

mje1980 said:
Snapped up some calypso helga and belle saison. I think I've got 5 packs now so I know what il be brewing through summer hahah
Can you check your transactions mje? It appears to have come through to my end twice and for different amounts both in the Paypal and on Notification in my email.

I assume one with the discount applied and one not, Let me know and I can make the adjustment back to your account.

Yob

Back