Hop Dealz Australia

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ive seen the Whitelabs Stockist question come up a few times recently... Im currently looking into getting in a few Vials for my own use and was curious in what are peoples favorites?

Is there a clear trend toward Wyeast? Do Wyeast offer a better range? The one advantage I see in getting in Vials is that they will make appropriate slant / storage vials for a yeast bank.

If I was to get a fresh order in, which would you see included? Ive got 3 or 4 that I want off the top of my head... yet to calculate shipping etc (and am happy just to get some for myself) but would assume the more I get the cheaper it will be per vial.

Thoughts?

Hey Yob - just placed my first order with you.

If you are likely to have the Perc ready for pick up soon - can I just pick up the hops when I grab the perc and save myself the delivery cost?

Cheers

Paul

I would be interested in the calafornia ale, some of the belgian ones such as the strong and the saison, and some of Berliner Weisse and sour strains mate. Also looking for a couple of the lager strains.

I think the most popular Whitelab yeasts would be 001,002,007.

I really want to try San Diego Super Yeast WLP 090 but can not find anyone in Aus that stocks it.

I have tried WLP 400 (Belgain Wit) and love it. I also like WLP 013 (london).

As a follow up from the recent Stock take, the following are offline until I can split them up, I have them, I just need to split them.

110g
US Cascade
CZ Saaz
First Gold
Galaxy
Horizon
Magnum
Northern Brewer
Simcoe
Vanguard

I will progressively add them back as I split them up. Apologies, I feel it's better to take them down than have delays on orders. At least whats available in the store can be packaged and sent right away.

Some (like US Cascade and Galaxy) Will come back online tonight, the remainder Midweek.

Some of these are still available in the 450g section.

:icon_cheers:

Horizon and Vangard, fantastic hops and so many brewers don't use them.

Just purchased some hops for the first time from hop dealz, everything went very smoothly. Good prices and very fast delivery! Will be ordering again very soon!

Site is pretty good. Have bookmarked your site for when I need hops next.

Do you mind if I ask what you're building the site with?

mmmk, so you're not crafting a single page ajax app yourself then? Was just browsing your source, its interesting :)

I wish I could say I knew what that meant... :)

More of a time input from my side rather than a technical 'build' from the backend.. It's more important to me that it feels comfortable to use and navigate than the code and mechanics, which I don't think I shall ever understand...

You must have missed the first version of the site, shadows of which exist on this one...

:)

Simdop said:
mmmk, so you're not crafting a single page ajax app yourself then? Was just browsing your source, its interesting :)
Hey!

From someone who designed his own site from scratch using Dreamweaver without any previous coding/dev or language knowledge, and added code from someone else that linked to google photos for a slideshow of photos...I know how much time he must spend tweaking it in the most in efficient manner B)

But I can order hops from it and make beer I enjoy drinking. So win/win. I'd rather Yob got some brewing in that pretty the site up anyway.

That said, I know you are being friendly about it. :kooi:

Don't stress the site Yob. It works and is clear and easy to navigate. It won't stop people ordering from you. Your service and prices will keep people (me) repeat ordering from you.

Black Devil Dog said:
What's the go with Private Sales? Is there a secret handshake that you have to know or something?
I've been approached a number of times for specialty orders, it's a mechanism to enable those transactions so that it isn't listed in the general pages and someone grabs it.. Nothing sly going on mate :)

Cheers all

Now you tell me, I've been practicing these for days.

secrethandshake.jpg

B)

Back