Hop Dealz Australia

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thought about getting NZ Hallertau in, Yob?
Waiting patiently for Magnum to appear......

Ed: works fine for me,

Figured it out - must be some new scripts running on the site that my script blocker didn't recognise. Approved them, now it's working. :ph34r:

ed: @winkle

I got some in Magnum but it frankly wasnt up to scratch so havnt listed it, it was sealed but dusty and looked a bit suspect to me, so rather than sell something below par Ive essentially written it off... now sitting in the I dont know what to do with you bottom shelf of the freezer.. I have some more on the way from a different distributor to check out.

Have NZ Pacifica if that helps mate?

ed: ed: some of the NZ Varieties are difficult for me to source due to ...er... political issues... while I am making headway on work around's it's quite problematic ATM.. will make some enquiries next week but I suspect I know the answer. Next year may be a different story if I can get my play happening as I hope to.

:icon_cheers:

citymorgue2 said:
Woohoo ur site upgrade works and I can now browse on the.mobile.
ill trade u some snags for the crappy magnum. I need some for my gyles.

I've received my next order in and current season Nelson and Motueka should be listed later tonight or in the morning!!

Also offering what I think is a pretty radical deal on 2012 Galaxy flowerz on the site now...

Cheers all!

Hop into it!

Hey Yob,

The hops arrived today. Nice work, very fast posted. I threw 'em straight in the freezer, haven't cracked the Galaxy open yet to have a sniff.

What's the best way to store hops? I don't have a vacuum sealer. I usually just push all the air out of the pack, chuck 'em a tupperware container and freeze them till next use.

Do you have any tips for hop storage?

Cheers,

brewologist said:
Hey Yob,

The hops arrived today. Nice work, very fast posted. I threw 'em straight in the freezer, haven't cracked the Galaxy open yet to have a sniff.

What's the best way to store hops? I don't have a vacuum sealer. I usually just push all the air out of the pack, chuck 'em a tupperware container and freeze them till next use.

Do you have any tips for hop storage?

Cheers,
when you open them, use as much as you need for the brew and get those big (in the absence of a vac sealer) ziplock bags, you can sort of roll squeese most of the air out, then double wrap in another, bit of tape but use as soon as possible, air/moisture is the killer of hops and the more you can eliminate excess air the better they will keep mate.

In an ideal world though, look into a vac sealer, they are the bomb.

WarmBeer said:
Now you tell me!

:D
Im sure there will be time WB, planning on bringing a few with me to the swap to pass along as well as that other event we were talking about ;)

ed: spelling/clarification

pellets have run out for the moment until the next shipment, currently stocking Australian Cascade flowers.

Sorry mate, I havnt got a firm date on that as yet, will give my man a ring tmoz to firm it up.

Cheers

Yob said:
Sorry mate, I havnt got a firm date on that as yet, will give my man a ring tmoz to firm it up
Nice voice, has he?

Just put in my first order for some galaxy flowers.
Would have loved to put in for a few other hops as well but they might have to wait for now.

My flowers arrived Yob, good service, well packed and quick postage.

You have a regular customer in me.

Batz

I ordered some hops late last night and they arrived today... hand delivered. Thanks Yob!

Latest posts

Back