Hop Dealz Australia

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Please note, Postage prices (Not express post) are affected from today.

The price of the Registered post envelopes has gone up 0.80c taking it to $5.80 for the yeast only option. Be aware that postage times are also said to be affected, so as a yeast only option it's becoming far less appealing and I'll be watching the delivery times of a few envelopes going out today.

This option may well be deleted if postage times are deemed to be detrimental to the quality of the products being shipped, it does seem likely that this will be the case as it kinda limits the available days to post to essentially Mondays. Not great if you have yeast being shipped... even if it is dry, it cant be good.

:beer:

PaleRider said:
Hey Yob, any chance you've got any Eldorado floating around?

Cheers, Matt.
I don't think so mate, not in the big freezer anyway, will have a poke about for you and let you know if I turn any up

LOTS of Simcoe and mosaic headed towards us next week.. There may well have to be a small price adjustment as wholesale prices have dramatically risen for these.. I was supposed to make this happen on the last lots I got toward the end of last year but took it on the chin..

Combined with the imminent hop shot Splits of Mosaic, motueka and Nelson Sauvin.. Well, it's a good time to be brewing..

Innit

Hey -- any interest in stocking some kind of isomerised hop extract? It would be pretty handy for brewers for post-ferment bitterness modification - if you didn't get the FG you were after, you can add bitterness in the keg. Seems like the kind of thing that is only economical in 20 litre drums but the home brewer needs 50mL.

I'm assuming those hop extracts you currently stock are non-isomerised for flavour/aroma addition.

dent said:
Hey -- any interest in stocking some kind of isomerised hop extract? It would be pretty handy for brewers for post-ferment bitterness modification - if you didn't get the FG you were after, you can add bitterness in the keg. Seems like the kind of thing that is only economical in 20 litre drums but the home brewer needs 50mL.

I'm assuming those hop extracts you currently stock are non-isomerised for flavour/aroma addition.
Im looking into it yes and it seems likely I'll add it, the product is also cold soluble so is a perfect solution to that issue.

And also.. Galaxy being split and listed right now (Pellet) ;)

Yob said:
Im looking into it yes and it seems likely I'll add it, the product is also cold soluble so is a perfect solution to that issue.

And also.. Galaxy being split and listed right now (Pellet) ;)
2016 Galaxy already?

What, like Pitbull?

pitbull.png

Or is this simply that we now receive Aus Galaxy but just call it, Galaxy? Surely there'd be a slight difference between the growing regions?

dent said:

Ive been given this as an aid to calculate the bitterness added, still getting my head round the products and asking questions.

View attachment Bittering Calc.xlsx

DJ_L3ThAL said:
Or is this simply that we now receive Aus Galaxy but just call it, Galaxy? Surely there'd be a slight difference between the growing regions?
Galaxy is only grown and produced in Australia. I believe it is trademarked. Same as you'll only find Citra, Simcoe and Mosaic coming out of the one camp in the US.

Back