Homebrew Tragedy! [with Pics]

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've got a mate that years ago dropped a long neck from the top shelf of his fridge, he kinda tried to catch it but was too late, the thing exploded and a piece of glass severed a tendon thingy in his hand. He had to wear this weird thing with rubber bands on it for months til it healed, he hasn't brewed since.

The thing is it was completely his fault, he would have bottled it too early and most likely put too much sugar in the bottles too(he would have thought they'd have more alcohol by doing that haha), and to top that off HE dropped it , the funny thing is he's actually scared off homebrew now, well at least the bottles!

Goodbye old friend. You have served me faithfully lo these many years. Good beer, good music, good food, good people, good times. Forgive me.

020.JPG

Lincoln2 said:
Goodbye old friend. You have served me faithfully lo these many years. Good beer, good music, good food, good people, good times. Forgive me.
It's like losing a member of the family.......I to have recently gone through this tragedy......I tried to console myself by thinking there are plenty more out there....but it will never be the same.

losp said:
depends if you are a programmer or not.
I don't dabble in black arts if that is what you mean.

Plus, don't they only do that because of a lack of a symbol at the time?

20 litres of Pilsner. Previously stored in keg. Leaky beer out post. Took 7 weeks to make, I had a glass (tasted good!), then the next time i opened the keezer to find this lake of beer 3 inches deep and an empty keg.

image.jpg

Drinking the 750ml bottle of 12% dubbel immediately after taking this picture helped with shock.
It took me over an hour to clean it all up today. Looks like I'm brewing again this weekend lol.

Cocko said:
Been there brother.

Just scoop out from the bottom.
Nope. Not even going there.

Hom.

I considered a straw. But I didn't want to make a bad day worse! "Man found dead floating in beer filled freezer"

That is not good bradsbrew..... what happened??..I have the same gas stove for making starters..was it a bad flask???

was it a bad flask???

It is now.....

I don't know what happened Dicko. I had it boiling away went to the beer room to keg a beer a few minutes later there was a huge bang, came outside and there was water and glass every where. As I said lucky the kids have been taught to stay away.

Latest posts

Back