• We have implemented the ability to gift someone a Supporting Membership now! When you access the Upgrade page there is now a 'Gift' button. Once you click that you can enter a username to gift an account Upgrade to. Great way to help support this forum plus give some kudos to anyone who has helped you.

Homebrand Cans....what Yeast Is It?

Aussie Home Brewer

Help Support Aussie Home Brewer:

pokolbinguy

The Pokolbin Brewhaus and Winery.
Reaction score
Hi All,

Probably been asked before but I was wondering if anyone knows what yeast strain comes with the cans of goo, Homebrand that is?

I just put together a couple of quick brews for the easter long weekend camping group (read as...drink it down quick!!) and while I ditched the packaged yeasts for a decent ale strain I was wondering if anyone knew what they are?

Cheers, Pok

bradsbrew

Who's up for a pint?
Reaction score
Pretty sure it used to be the mauri-yeast 514. not 100% sure though

Bribie G

Adjunct Professor
Reaction score
More than likely. I haven't used the ale yeast deliberately, but I don't mind their Lager yeast that is sold individually as Morgan's Lager Yeast. Produces a nice neutral lager but none of the sulphury by products that actually do contribute to Euro lagers in particular.

I'd have no problems using their ale yeast in a brew such as a Tooheys Old lookalike.

Latest posts