Hi, from a newbie in Canberra

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dutto

Reaction score
g'day. glad to join and looking forwards to learning anything I can from the knowlegable members who contribute.
been brewing some fairly ok pale ales thus far. it'll be great to improve these over time.
Dutto

g'day. glad to join and looking forwards to learning anything I can from the knowlegable members who contribute.
been brewing some fairly ok pale ales thus far. it'll be great to improve these over time.
Dutto
Hi Dutto,
Consider joining the Canberra Brewers Club...(if you haven't already)
https://www.canberrabrewers.com.au
Great way to learn from brewers of all skill levels. They meet once a month.

G'day Dutto

Welcome - I'm just down the road at Murrumbateman. Pretty new to this caper myself but learning quickly from the brains trust here.

Cheers n Beers
Jolls

Dutto
Welcome, Dutto. Enjoy the forum.:) Do you brew as much as you drink?

G'day Dutto

Welcome - I'm just down the road at Murrumbateman. Pretty new to this caper myself but learning quickly from the brains trust here.

Cheers n Beers
Jolls

Hey Jolls,

You literally are. I'm only a few streets away haha, but thats Canberra.
What type of brews have you begun with?
Cheers

Hey Jolls,

You literally are. I'm only a few streets away haha, but thats Canberra.
What type of brews have you begun with?
Cheers
Hi Dutto
I am doing a combination - one old from Bronzed Brews and one new from something I have liked. Trying to see what was done historically and compare it to what is being done now. Currently drinking a Tooths 1921 White Horse Ale, and apple cider and a Vanilla Milk Stout. 1917 Reschs DA lagering at the moment and about to brew a Fanzeskaner Heffewiessen. All grain and from the DA onwards using the Brewzilal 4.0. What are you up to?

Hi Dutto
I am doing a combination - one old from Bronzed Brews and one new from something I have liked. Trying to see what was done historically and compare it to what is being done now. Currently drinking a Tooths 1921 White Horse Ale, and apple cider and a Vanilla Milk Stout. 1917 Reschs DA lagering at the moment and about to brew a Fanzeskaner Heffewiessen. All grain and from the DA onwards using the Brewzilal 4.0. What are you up to?
Milk stout recipe please?

Milk stout recipe please?
Hi Mate
Recipe can be found here. The vanilla flavour did not come through immediately (added when kegged) but two weeks after it did and is great.
Cheers n Beers
Jolls

I notice the lactose no oats how would you describe the smoothness how was the chocolate tones, I thought about using lactose but my bro is intolerance unfortunately
It is quite smooth - I think the lactose is what gives it this flavour. IT is a bit like drinking an iced vanilla coffee with bubbles I guess. Definitely feels "thick" in the mouth and it has been a hit with everyone so far.

Latest posts

Back