G'day

Aussie Home Brewer

Help Support Aussie Home Brewer:

Reaction score
Hello all,
Im a new member, I have done a handful of extract brews over the years, but nothing for 15 years. I am getting back into it with AG BIAB, and will do my 3rd pale ale mash this weekend.
Really enjoying the process so far and am looking forward to learning more as I continue with brewing my own.
I am a devout Coopers pale ale drinker and am presently trying to get a brew similar drinking to this. I honestly think this is Australia's best commercial beer and feel it would be a great versatile starting point to tweak as I learn more.
From Brissy, thanks for having me!

Can anyone advise where I should ask questions as a new member?

kadmium

Pro
Pro
Reaction score
Hey mate, welcome to the forums!

I do enjoy the odd Coopers, but you will find going All Grain that you may end up getting a little picky with the commercials soon. Call me a sinner, but my pick of the commercials is a VB or XXXX on a hot day, out on the boat with mates!

Ask questions in the relevant topic if that makes sense? Just look at the forum topics and think about what your question is about. Try to be specific and give as much info as possible! Sometimes it's hard to answer questions like "My beer tastes off, what did I do wrong?" :D

Welcome and enjoy the ride!

duncbrewer

Reaction score
Well here's an all grain recipe for Coopers pale ale

I can't vouch for it.
Not sure that best commercial beer award available until you have tried them all! Must be a reasonable selection of beer in Australia but if Coopers pale ale is top of the pile there must be a multitude of average beer out there.

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply @kadmium i quite enjoy xxxx bitter and VB also, im not terribly picky TBH, love most of em :)
I ask about where to post Q's.... I think I may just be limited to where I can post as a new member, appreciate the comments. Hopefully after a few posts it will open up a bit

Onya @dunkbrewer Ive had a look at that recipe, and it seems pretty similar to what I've been mashing. My first two were with us-05 however for the next batch ive collected yeast from the bottles.
CPA being the top of the pile is only my humble opinion, however you are correct in saying we have plenty of average beer!

philrob

Staff member
Moderating
Reaction score
You could also log into www.brewman.com.au.
Then sign on as a member, and go into BrewBuilder on that site.
It has lots of proven recipes (including those proven by the likes of MHB and Brewman themselves).

duncbrewer

Reaction score
Now that I've posted my question I see that the program does it for you, so question answered.

Latest posts