G'day

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kingdomplantae

Reaction score
Hello all,
Im a new member, I have done a handful of extract brews over the years, but nothing for 15 years. I am getting back into it with AG BIAB, and will do my 3rd pale ale mash this weekend.
Really enjoying the process so far and am looking forward to learning more as I continue with brewing my own.
I am a devout Coopers pale ale drinker and am presently trying to get a brew similar drinking to this. I honestly think this is Australia's best commercial beer and feel it would be a great versatile starting point to tweak as I learn more.
From Brissy, thanks for having me!

Can anyone advise where I should ask questions as a new member?

Hey mate, welcome to the forums!

I do enjoy the odd Coopers, but you will find going All Grain that you may end up getting a little picky with the commercials soon. Call me a sinner, but my pick of the commercials is a VB or XXXX on a hot day, out on the boat with mates!

Ask questions in the relevant topic if that makes sense? Just look at the forum topics and think about what your question is about. Try to be specific and give as much info as possible! Sometimes it's hard to answer questions like "My beer tastes off, what did I do wrong?" :D

Welcome and enjoy the ride!

Thanks for the reply @kadmium i quite enjoy xxxx bitter and VB also, im not terribly picky TBH, love most of em :)
I ask about where to post Q's.... I think I may just be limited to where I can post as a new member, appreciate the comments. Hopefully after a few posts it will open up a bit

Onya @dunkbrewer Ive had a look at that recipe, and it seems pretty similar to what I've been mashing. My first two were with us-05 however for the next batch ive collected yeast from the bottles.
CPA being the top of the pile is only my humble opinion, however you are correct in saying we have plenty of average beer!

Now that I've posted my question I see that the program does it for you, so question answered.

Well here's an all grain recipe for Coopers pale ale

http://beersmith.com/Recipes2/recipe_75.htm
I can't vouch for it.
Not sure that best commercial beer award available until you have tried them all! Must be a reasonable selection of beer in Australia but if Coopers pale ale is top of the pile there must be a multitude of average beer out there.

This is the famed AndrewQLD recipe?
Anyway I can't get POR hops here in Norway. Any suggestions what to replace them with? I already have Pacific Gem, which I currently have no idea how I should use.

UK Target would work well, most any medium Alpha low aroma hop would work. Including the Pacific Gem you have if you just used it for bittering.
CPA has a balanced bitterness and not much in the way of hop taste or aroma.
Mark

Hello all,
Im a new member, I have done a handful of extract brews over the years, but nothing for 15 years. I am getting back into it with AG BIAB, and will do my 3rd pale ale mash this weekend.
Really enjoying the process so far and am looking forward to learning more as I continue with brewing my own.
I am a devout Coopers pale ale drinker and am presently trying to get a brew similar drinking to this. I honestly think this is Australia's best commercial beer and feel it would be a great versatile starting point to tweak as I learn more.
From Brissy, thanks for having me!

Can anyone advise where I should ask questions as a new member?
Welcome King. Very friendly group here with plenty of good tips. Happy brewing.

Latest posts

Back