Hi All

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

toddthebuilder

Reaction score
Just saying a quick hello to everyone on the forum.

I am in the Southern hills of Perth WA. I did some extract brewing years ago and was never too happy with the results (in hindsight was probably due to no fermentation temp. control). I have always wanted to get into all grain brewing which is why I started lurking on this site a couple of weeks ago. I was looking to build a 3V Brewery (I am a bit of a gear freak) but I have decided to keep it simple after reading about BIAB.

So I have decided to revamp my ancient cut down keg brew pot with a controlled element, drain valve, element cover made from some very cool wedge wire screen that I had lying around. I will also add extra heating from my old ring burner. I have decided to hot cube as this will let me do separate batches then ferment 2 kegs worth.

It will take me a few weeks to divert the funds to buy the gear and I will try to post pics as I go.

Today I made my stirring spoon out of a local hardwood (Marri) which smelt like oak when I was cutting it. Hopefully it does not add any flavor or I'll have to try something else.

Happy Brewing (and drinking)

Todd

Good luck Todd. Hope it all works out for you mate, sounds like you're off to a flier.

toddthebuilder said:
Today I made my stirring spoon out of a local hardwood (Marri) which smelt like oak when I was cutting it. Hopefully it does not add any flavor or I'll have to try something else.

Todd
That's a cool project. I need to research the appropriate wood type. I'm still using an old plastic mash spoon which bends with the heat.
Good luck with the BIAB.

Many a prospective 3Ver has wet their toes with BIAB, loved it and simply stayed right there, you'd not be alone if that's what you did.

Anyway, you're in good hands, you know what to do if there's a pickle. A warm welcome! :beer:

Latest posts

Back