Hermit Coil Heat Exchange Build

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just run the pumps from a separate point. You haven to run the pump 100% of the time and probably have this thing plugged into a powerboard anyway.

so that your controller controlls everything. not having seperate switches/boxes for multiple pieces of equipment

As CM2 pointed out, I don't want to have to go to my power point to turn on/off my pump, I want the thing wired to my control box next to all my other switches.
That's how I have my controller set up now and I can switch the pump whenever i want, and while it does run pretty much constantly I still turn it on and off at various times throughout the brew day.

I did say I don't want much didn't I ?

I installed a rocker switch on my stand that way I can switch it on and off when needed

scroll back a couple of pages, he explained it perfectly with photos.
Mate. I scrolled through the entire thread twice and there's only two posts by Argon and neither of them about using O rings. Didnt see any photos on it either.
I'm on my iPhone so maybe I missed it. Or I'm a dickhead.

Mate. I scrolled through the entire thread twice and there's only two posts by Argon and neither of them about using O rings. Didnt see any photos on it either.
I'm on my iPhone so maybe I missed it. Or I'm a dickhead.
I coudnt find it either. Or we are both ..................
Nev

different thread that thread is Stainless Herms Coil Released, This thread Hermit Coil Heat Exchange

Or just buy a switched power board with RTC, now that's sensible.
I nearly bought one the other day from Bunnings.
Nev
Yeah did that tge other week. Great isnt it.
Its certainly isnt a deal breaker on the controller. Istill want one, so dibs on one nev.

Thanks Matho. I was looking in this thread. At least we're not both dickheads Nev.

what sort of flow rate are you getting through the coil using the hermit brown pump ?

my ghetto setup is doing about 5L a min

whats considered enough flow ?

what sort of flow rate are you getting through the coil using the hermit brown pump ?

my ghetto setup is doing about 5L a min

whats considered enough flow ?

A good flow rate would be as fast as you can recirculate without compacting the grain bed and that depends on your mash tun and false bottom design. 5L a minute sounds pretty good to me.

Andrew

Latest posts

Back