Help With Conical Design

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gout

Bentleigh Brau Haus
Reaction score
I bought a 100Lt plastic conical after seeing the posts by asher.

Ashers post 16 pics

I have been lazy and not set mine up yet, however as i can not tap a hole say 1/2" bsp female, for a stainless tap i was thinking of using the weldless fittings.

Is this viable? then a stainless tap on the outside ( might be ok on the flat base - but the curve of the side may be a issue???)

lastly is there a "best" height for the side tap outlet? I think i had some information on this however its a new pc as i killed the old one

i might try and get this beast up and running over the holidays if i ever finish the work around the house!

Post #18

sorry for some reason that link did not work. This should now work.

I guess to add more detail to my question - is there a formula to decide on the height of the side tap. Or is it guess work.

I have seen designs with a pick up tube on their side tap and i wasnt sure of the advantage in doing this and the extra complexity

with the weldless fitting ( i have never used or seen one) would this produce an area for bugs to grow and cause me problems?

thanks again

Back