Help needed - forgot flowers - ? What excuse?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You young blokes.

You need to give a gift today? you didn't like her enough to give a gift the past couple of months, perhaps a gift tomorrow?

Or better that some consumer advertizing makes you rush out and buy flowers.....can't you see how off this is?

No more saisons for me, it's off to bed.

Nice place for valentines actually.

Batz said:
You young blokes.

You need to give a gift today? you didn't like her enough to give a gift the past couple of months, perhaps a gift tomorrow?

Or better that some consumer advertizing makes you rush out and buy flowers.....can't you see how off this is?

No more saisons for me, it's off to bed.

Nice place for valentines actually.
Mate she gets a gift everyday

My presence

New_guy If you look like your avatar she will feel sorry for you and buy you flowers. On a serious note do it spontaneously !!!

I got her both types, plain and self raising. Pancakes for breakfast!

justatad said:
New_guy If you look like your avatar she will feel sorry for you and buy you flowers. On a serious note do it spontaneously !!!
What ever works mate!!!

My missus is in hospital recovering from surgery. I took her in a teddy bear with a love heart (because they don't die like flowers), a card, a six pack of Nori rolls to share and a couple of 4 Pines stout for us to have with dinner.
We normally go out for dinner on Valentines day so that was good enough.

I asked her if we could lock the door for awhile but she wouldn't be in it..

Thankfully, my Mrs. knows Valentine's Day for what it really is - a bullshit marketing campaign created by Hallmark that prays on people's
fragile emotions.

Here's a fact: real love is an everyday effort, and it's not all romance!

PS - I'm a lucky bloke :D

Heh.... how much time out of the romantic dinner did you take to carry on this web conversation?

We agreed to do nothing. She gave me a card that I caught her writing, so I signed it too and have it back. I also built her a contemporary red oak floor standing lamp and gave that to her.

We also agreed to do nothing - our anniversary is in December, then Christmas then Valentine's day. So we agreed a few years ago that it'd be one present for the lot.

I made the mistake in the first year we agreed to it of actually believing that shit and just getting her one present. Never again. The comment was something like "it didn't need to be something big, even just a card or some chocolates or something". But this year she got me nothing for any of the three occasions (she knows that I don't I care or want anything so the rationale [such that it is] is that she is absolved because I don't care but I'm not because she does care).

Basically it's a totally irrational over reaction - complete bullshit and completely out of character for her. Birthday, anniversary, Valentine's day and Christmas - some form of gift is non-negotiable. Beyond that she is pretty laid back.

This year I happened to forget Valentine's Day. I left for work before she woke up, realised at about 6:30 while still at work with about an hour's worth of work to do... So I finished what I had to do, left work, had a bit of a look at shops for a card and some chocolates or something, found some, got home, she was in bed asleep.

She's surprisingly pleasant this morning, I thought it'd be a VERY quiet weekend!

I bought my wife flowers spontaneously twice. Both times she said thanks and spent the rest of the night scowling at me wondering what I'd done.

Forget the flowers, make sure you do your shopping at Safeway, when you are asked, "Have you got a rewards card". Answer (in front of your wife) "My wife is my reward".
You will never have to buy flowers again.
On the other hand if you are at Safeway on your own, pick out the best looking checkout chick and say,
"So, you gave up a modelling career to come and work here".
Win win

Back