Help a brother out

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

valenzal

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I'm new to the forum and home brewing as well - I just bottled my first batch! I'm currently doing an honours Industrial design project at uni, I have just begun so i'm looking to get some general information from the community. By the end of this year I'll hopefully have a prototype home brew product to show for my work. I'll keep you guys updated along the journey as I'm sure ill be regularly coming back for more information.
Anyway, to the point of this post: sorry to be that annoying guy, but i was wondering if you guys could fill out a really short survey (5 or 6 multi choice questoins) for me to help me with the direction of my project.

If you have some time spare, here's a link: http://goo.gl/forms/2wU42zxMCP

Thanks!

Love to help you out but your Link is not working.
In general brewing (especially all grain) is about process and process control.

MB

valenzal said:
Hi guys,

I'm new to the forum and home brewing as well - I just bottled my first batch! I'm currently doing an honours Industrial design project at uni, I have just begun so i'm looking to get some general information from the community. By the end of this year I'll hopefully have a prototype home brew product to show for my work. I'll keep you guys updated along the journey as I'm sure ill be regularly coming back for more information.
Anyway, to the point of this post: sorry to be that annoying guy, but i was wondering if you guys could fill out a really short survey (5 or 6 multi choice questoins) for me to help me with the direction of my project.

If you have some time spare, here's a link: http://goo.gl/forms/2wU42zxMCP

Thanks!
Done!

Done,
Looking forward to see what ideas you come up with.

getting a great response already, ill post up the results of the survey when i compile it, if you want. so you can see the general consensus of the forum :D

Done, just wondering what your definition of a "kit" is, ingredient kits, equipment kits or a combination of the two

thanks everyone.
When i used the word kit, i was referring to a combination of both equipment and ingredients :)

Done, but some of the questions should allow for multiple answers.

Done

If it is of interest, I felt that I was limited in expressing my perception and experience with homebrewing. But you have come to a pretty specific subject set :)

In comment to my take on the survey:

I guess it depends on the focus of your project, e.g. there are automated systems available, but they are either pretty pricey (e.g. Braumeister), or don't encourage much variation/knowledge/experimentation (e.g. Coopers kits) and I personally don't seek off the shelf solutions. For the average punter (e.g. garage non temp controlled off flavour standard homebrew) persons, automated systems are the go - perhaps the pricing and market penetration of existing models is an aspect of interest.

Perhaps the question is - how much will the market take, or can be developed, the interest in the 'why's of brewing', and not pressing button A then B and getting a product similar to standard commercial offerings?

Dunno, the above might not make sense, the main thing I get out of brewing is the sense of achievement from making non standard product from non standard products.

A survey on what should be in a survey would be interesting :)

Think that's about enough from me

All the best

Latest posts

Back