Hello from Wisconsin

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StayatHomeDad

Reaction score
I figure I drink enough of the stuff and being here in Wisconsin, you can't go out to a restaurant without them trying to get you to drink their home brews at $7-8/glass. Figured I'd cut out the middleman.

My dad grew up near Sandgate long long ago before moving to the states so I figured here would be as good a place as any to get some advice/help as any (some of the local US guys seem to be stuck on some fruity concoctions rather than the ESB/IPAs and Porters that I like.

Currently have 5gal of Ginger Beer (starterd 7/15 and sort of going) finally fermenting after 4 days of nothing and next to it, I gave a John Bull Porter kit a try (just started today).

Even managed to find out that I've got some cascade hops growing rather well in my backyard and have nearly 1lb on ice in my freezer from last fall that I'm dying to try out.

Hopefully, I can get some of these beers going and get the recipes up and any suggestions to try are always welcome. I moonlight as a History teacher (sub in multiple school districts waiting for one of these old teachers to move on or die off, which seems to take forever) and coach a HS girls soccer team so I've got some time in between to get in trouble here. And the wife approves, so I figure I'd better take full advantage of this.

Back