Hello All....

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
edit: for those who haven't seen the sopranos from go to whoa, please ignore this post - it is not as offensive as it seems and is not an attack from me to BBB but a good natured in-joke....
[/quote]

Lecterfan - Farrrrk off your joke isn't funny <_<
And oh this looks like a fish .... yes a bit on the small side considering I am 6 foot 5 inches .....

Yum beer - you go girlfriend ......

Sambo_fish.jpg

Nice fish BBB, i started a fishing Victoria thread up a few moons ago/ and I know its not Victorian... but share.... The off topic forum!

:icon_offtopic: I would now like to acknowledge all my posts in this thread have been off topic ..... I am mature enough to say that Drews Brews started this with his unashamed post grab ..... Drews 'man up' - an apology would be nice .... :icon_chickcheers:

Thx Cocko,
Pictures tell ...

edit: for those who haven't seen the sopranos from go to whoa, please ignore this post - it is not as offensive as it seems and is not an attack from me to BBB but a good natured in-joke....

And oh this looks like a fish .... yes a bit on the small side considering I am 6 foot 5 inches .....

View attachment 46046

Trevally and all related subspecies don't count...(when caught by BBB)...

Attachments

• junior_soprano_1024.jpg
    junior_soprano_1024.jpg
    132.4 KB · Views: 35
ITS A SAMBO (samson fish) and a bloody beauty ..... you bloody eastern staters, fish illiterate tax grabbers <_< .....

You calling "me" a tax grabber? You lousy jackass weekender fishkiller!
Fishing goes in the off topic forum.

You calling "me" a tax grabber? You lousy jackass weekender fishkiller!
Fishing goes in the off topic forum.

I take offence to that - I fish during the week as well. Post count looking good ...... keep it coming haysie
Cheers
BBB

My mistake BBB, but in all fairness the CSIRO "Australian Seafood" book classifies Samsons fish under the genus Seriola which is the same as Yellowtail Kingfish and reagards them colloquially as "trevallies" (as the Seriolinae are a subgenus of the Caranginae). I caught a TINY little samson at Busselton jetty and I have to say that it would pull what a Victorian calls a red snapper backwards...30lb braid and I though I had hooked a monster haha.

Sorry for the OT Haysie haha

My mistake BBB, but in all fairness the CSIRO "Australian Seafood" book classifies Samsons fish under the genus Seriola which is the same as Yellowtail Kingfish and reagards them colloquially as "trevallies" (as the Seriolinae are a subgenus of the Caranginae). I caught a TINY little samson at Busselton jetty and I have to say that it would pull what a Victorian calls a red snapper backwards...30lb braid and I though I had hooked a monster haha.

Sorry for the OT Haysie haha

You need to get out more brother ...... I am impressed though quoting the CSIRO on a beer forum re fish.
Cheers
BBB

You need to get out more brother ......

Tell me about it.... (the post count rises...GO THE GERO TEAM!!!)

If you ever get over here we'll organise a B.A.R. gathering for ya!

Sorry again to CB for contributing to the bullshitly OT nature of this thread!!!

Welcome back CB! First Chap Chap, now CB. Good to see the return of a number of brewers to the forums.

I'm gunna grab another one......

:icon_offtopic: I think you will find my first post in this thread to be ON topic, wishing someone who has been out of the homebrew scene all the best in wetting his lips again.

All the best to you CB, Work Sux.

Drew

View attachment 46046

I have met you numerous times now and I doubt you measure 4 foot tall. I've seen people use fish that size as bait. <_<

I would now like to acknowledge all my posts in this thread have been off topic ..... I am mature enough to say that Drews Brews started this with his unashamed post grab ..... Drews 'man up' - an apology would be nice ....

Yes Triple B, Very mature. "I swear officer, He started it."

Cheers Guys, good to see some frivolities going on here still, gave me something to have a laugh over....

:icon_cheers: CB

View attachment 46046
[/quote]
OT
What are you actually doing to that fish
Looks like you are trying to "pierce its swim bladder" so to speak.

Tasmanian may sleep with relatives but not fish, must be a WA thing.

Cheers
Chris

Back