Have I killed my yeast?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hazoluke

Reaction score
Last night I rehydrated uso5 in boiled cooled water as I have done before however I looked weird. It have a big head on the top of it, but I pitched it anyway on the wort at 25deg.
This morning it looks like fermented wort instead of fermenting wort. I'm concerned I've done something wrong and I don't want to waste 50lts of beer.
Would it hurt to just chuck another satchel on top?? Would two packets of uso5 give bad results in a 25lt brew??

Did you pitch in to 25L or 50L you mention both? If it’s 50L best pitch the second packet if its 25L pitching a second packet won’t do any harm but probably not necessary.

What time did you pitch last night?

hazoluke said:
and I don't want to waste 50lts of beer.
Would it hurt to just chuck another satchel on top?? Would two packets of uso5 give bad results in a 25lt brew??
Is it a 50 or 25 litre brew? If 50 litres how much yeast did you hydrate?
Cheers

It's split into 2 fermenters 25 lts in each. I rehydrated 1 packet into 125mls of water in each vessel

Its all good gents... I have positive activity now.

I believe that I just panicked this morning when the wort looked dead. The yeast last night did look strange though, not like Ive seen before.

Oh well... Once again thanks for the replies.

:kooi:

Latest posts

Back